Author Topic: SHOT Show Stuff  (Read 2518 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: SHOT Show Stuff
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2024, 11:00:42 PM »
.50 Cal 20 Round Drum Mag | Fostech | Shot Show 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcrX8N9WqSI

20 round drum for the Barrett.  Nice.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2024, 11:02:00 PM »
The first DOD Approved Translucent Magazine | Magpul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7wpFbyD-YI

A reliable clear AR mag from Magpul.  Sounds good. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2024, 11:08:30 PM »
PSA MP7 at Home, Krink, Vuk, & MORE at Shot Show 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt_W4YAEFKs

PSA HK MP7 copy in 5.7x28.  It makes the EOTech they have mounted look huge. 

Krinkov AK clone supposed to be available in February.

PSA's voting is done here:
https://palmettostatearmory.com/shotshow2024

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2024, 11:15:31 PM »
Shot Show 2024 Products **VOTE YOUR FAVORITE**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yHvixS4Q4w

PSA going through all their new products.  Not sure if this posted already.

10mm PSA dagger. 
Modular Shotgun.  Looks like a cool concept.  Discussed that already I guess. 
37mm Grenade Launcher.  That looks very cool.  What I voted for.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2024, 07:24:54 AM »
You know... I'm completely underwhelmed by what's coming out of SHOT this year.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2024, 08:10:26 AM »
The first DOD Approved Translucent Magazine | Magpul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7wpFbyD-YI

A reliable clear AR mag from Magpul.  Sounds good.

This is interesting to me. I'm curious on what the DOD approval process is? I have translucent Lancers for my .300blk, and I find them to be as good or better than my gen3 Magpuls, so it doesn't seem like there should be any major hurdle to jump for the mil to use translucent mags.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2024, 08:51:24 AM »
You know... I'm completely underwhelmed by what's coming out of SHOT this year.
Don't worry, they won't stop making revolvers for you.   =)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2024, 09:32:15 AM »
Don't worry, they won't stop making revolvers for you.   =)

No one has introduced a new revolver design in the last 30 years that I'd even remotely consider spending money on.

It seems like most of what's coming out these days follows the "slap another half dozen rails on it, throw in an optical sight, find some more surfaces to checker, and call it the hyper turbo super duper tactical practical ultimate Sasquatch model! That will wet some panties! And a brace! Don't forget a brace! Know what? Throw two on it for good measure! We'll call it the PBB (pistol brace brace)"

Ok...

Regarding the Quattro... OK, so someone reinvented the Suomi Casket magazine.

Just found this on a review on Guns.com...

"While I am not sold on replacing my duty rifle with the Quattro, the American concept of “bigger and better” makes the Quattro-15 a great firearm to add to your collection."

Well *expletive deleted*it... sounds like the Quattro is a pussy commie gun. We deserve an Octto! Because 'MURICA!

Sigh.

Anyway... yeah, interesting concept, but unless it comes with an adapter that will allow me to run regular AR magazines in it, no thanks. Not interested in taking the risk that the concept fails, the magazines go out of production, and me being stuck with a gun I can no longer use.

EDIT IN:

OK, looks like the Quattro magazines are less than $50 a pop. Not as bad as I thought they would be. I was figuring north of $100.

Remains to be seen how well they function, however. Similar magazine designs in the past have been... problematic.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 10:00:58 AM by K Frame »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2024, 09:46:35 AM »

No one has introduced a new revolver design in the last 30 years that I'd even remotely consider spending money on.
But that is a strong qualifier.  I doubt I will spend money on most of these new guns, but they are still interesting. 

TFB TV Showtime had a video about new Diamondback snubnose revolvers.  They are started making a 22 revolver a few years ago.  Moving into 38 and 357 now.  I can't pull up that video at work.

I also saw that Aero Precision/Stag Arms are showing up with new lever action rifles (not in production yet I think).  I don't know if I will like their guns.  I am generally not a fan of the tactical stuff.  I just hope the competition leads to better prices.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2024, 09:59:18 AM »
MagPul just debuted P320 magazines at SHOT.

OK, that's good to hear. I had also forgotten that the 320 was the base for the M17, so that should keep things going for awhile.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2024, 10:02:14 AM »
"I doubt I will spend money on most of these new guns, but they are still interesting."

And that's where I strongly... almost violently... disagree.

"TFB TV Showtime had a video about new Diamondback snubnose revolvers."

[barf]

Although it is interesting to note that if you apply enough hydraulic pressure to a cow pie you can make a revolver...

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2024, 10:07:33 AM »
Where are the tactical flintlocks?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2024, 10:18:44 AM »
Where are the tactical flintlocks?

You snigger, but I saw a T/C Storm that someone had outfitted with a Picatinny rails, a light, a red dot, and a custom made ready tube carrier (basically a speed loader for muzzleloaders).

I'm not sure if it was done as fever dream exercise or if the persona was actually, well... batshit crazy.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2024, 10:24:29 AM »
You snigger, but I saw a T/C Storm that someone had outfitted with a Picatinny rails, a light, a red dot, and a custom made ready tube carrier (basically a speed loader for muzzleloaders).

I'm not sure if it was done as fever dream exercise or if the persona was actually, well... batshit crazy.

Seen that before but not a Flintlock so there.  :P
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2024, 11:16:59 AM »

I think I may have seen that also.  It could have been a photoshop, but I don't know.  Inrangetv has done some cool black powder videos showing his paper cartridge loads.  Seems like that was pretty tactical for the time.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2024, 11:26:20 AM »
"I doubt I will spend money on most of these new guns, but they are still interesting."

And that's where I strongly... almost violently... disagree.

"TFB TV Showtime had a video about new Diamondback snubnose revolvers."

[barf]

Although it is interesting to note that if you apply enough hydraulic pressure to a cow pie you can make a revolver...
We do not yet know how to turn organic carbon into iron.  You could probably turn it into gun powder (or coal).

I like seeing new gun stuff even if half of it will work poorly and require redesign before it is something we would want to buy.  I am an engineer so maybe I have different tastes in guns.
And yes, I have seen mixed reviews of Diamondback's 22 revolver.  I don't think I would touch their other revolvers if I was in the market for one.  The Kimber revolver I have is nice, but too light to comfortably shoot 357 loads.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2024, 11:34:23 AM »
"We do not yet know how to turn organic carbon into iron.  You could probably turn it into gun powder (or coal)."

Jesus wept, Sheldon... Sarcasm.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2024, 01:53:20 PM »
"We do not yet know how to turn organic carbon into iron.  You could probably turn it into gun powder (or coal)."

Jesus wept, Sheldon... Sarcasm.
I guess I need to add smiley faces to my posts sometimes. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2024, 03:21:40 PM »

It seems like most of what's coming out these days follows the "slap another half dozen rails on it, throw in an optical sight, find some more surfaces to checker, and call it the hyper turbo super duper tactical practical ultimate Sasquatch model! That will wet some panties! And a brace! Don't forget a brace! Know what? Throw two on it for good measure! We'll call it the PBB (pistol brace brace)"

https://youtu.be/1GCbIMk5A78?t=512

Not a new design, no rails, no optics, no comps, not even really a new color.  You should be nice and comfortable.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2024, 03:51:51 PM »
https://youtu.be/BJsrZ21jxHA?t=830

Henry has a new lever gun.  Rotating bolt, detachable box mag and threaded barrel. Comes in 5.56 or .300BLK I could see this being a pretty handy ranch gun in the side by side.  With a can, and not opening the bolt it's probably hearing safe or close, and won't gas you.  Handy rifle to have nearby if you see a predator and have a shot while working.  .300BLK with heavy subs would be good for hogs around here to.

The receiver has a very Browning A5 vibe to me.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2024, 03:56:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdLO1qUX9-g

PWS has a caliber convertible rifle. meh, I just have multiple guns, but the barrel is cool, they added a bore evacuation chamber to it, which I'd really like to try out.  He talks about the barrel right about the 1 min mark.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2024, 04:04:25 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdLO1qUX9-g

PWS has a caliber convertible rifle. meh, I just have multiple guns, but the barrel is cool, they added a bore evacuation chamber to it, which I'd really like to try out.  He talks about the barrel right about the 1 min mark.

I saw that. If they wanted me to buy it, they shouldn't have sold me the three other rifles I have from them.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2024, 04:09:24 PM »

Not a new design, no rails, no optics, no comps, not even really a new color.  You should be nice and comfortable.
Blued revolvers are very nice looking.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2024, 04:31:08 PM »

I wouldn't have spent money on a Python even when Colt was making them the first time around.

Who in the name of *expletive deleted*ing hell thought it would be a good idea to put a VENTILATED RIB on a revolver?

Some jackass who thought he was going to be armor to the next James Bond movie is my bet.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2024, 04:35:09 PM »
I wouldn't have spent money on a Python even when Colt was making them the first time around.

Who in the name of *expletive deleted*ing hell thought it would be a good idea to put a VENTILATED RIB on a revolver?

Some jackass who thought he was going to be armor to the next James Bond movie is my bet.
:laugh:

You need to run with this.  Post a picture of every new gun along with your comments.  That would make an entertaining thread.   =)