Author Topic: New Windows (10) trick  (Read 184 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
New Windows (10) trick
« on: February 13, 2024, 11:52:34 PM »
As of just a couple/few days ago, Windows has been playing a new trick: I'll leave my computer on with a couple or three windows minimized while I go off to do something. When I return and wake up the computer, and window that was open will not be restored to whatever size and aspect it was, but comes up reduced to a rectangle in the extreme upper left corner of the screen, occupying slightly less than one-quarter of the screen.

I closed all windows and restarted the computer. When I did so Windoze installed some updates, but the odd behavior persists. Any ideas on how to stop it from doing this?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: New Windows (10) trick
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 11:56:52 AM »
As of just a couple/few days ago, Windows has been playing a new trick: I'll leave my computer on with a couple or three windows minimized while I go off to do something. When I return and wake up the computer, and window that was open will not be restored to whatever size and aspect it was, but comes up reduced to a rectangle in the extreme upper left corner of the screen, occupying slightly less than one-quarter of the screen.

I closed all windows and restarted the computer. When I did so Windoze installed some updates, but the odd behavior persists. Any ideas on how to stop it from doing this?

Look for the latest and greatest driver for your video card on the manufacturer's website. Could be an update for W10 came down your current video driver isn't fully compatible with or it got corrupted somehow.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes