Author Topic: Ride through an active electron beam irradiator  (Read 241 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Ride through an active electron beam irradiator
« on: February 16, 2024, 12:29:32 PM »
Have an overwhelming urge to ride through an active electron beam irradiator? Wish granted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf4Ux4SlyT4

I'm impressed the output is enough to show up as visible ionization, at least on max power.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Ride through an active electron beam irradiator
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 01:32:34 PM »
An E-ticket ride at Disneyland for the non-woke.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 12:41:11 PM »
I couldn't glean much information from the clip.

Lots of disturbances develop enough energy to cause lights viz, St. ELmo's fire, glowing on helicopter blade tips in some sircumstances, electrical sparks.

Some slo-moes of bullet impacts even show a small fast flash on contact with material not noted for sparking.  I remember slight flashes when ordinary rocks were hit with my .243 in dusk conditions.

Don't forget that most of the time you're observing things at a macro level, not at the micro level.  Your 3000 fs bullet may be generating much more high speed particles on contact.  Since velocity is temperature, high temperature means light is generated.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 03:52:38 PM »
Kinda reminds me of the Portal Level where GLaDOS tries to kill you for the first time.  "Just Ride this platform, everything is fine"...

I couldn't glean much information from the clip.

Lots of disturbances develop enough energy to cause lights viz, St. ELmo's fire, glowing on helicopter blade tips in some sircumstances, electrical sparks.

Perhaps not, but I'm pretty sure any beam that completely kills the Dosimeter is pretty bad.