Author Topic: OB/gyns leaving Idaho?  (Read 301 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
OB/gyns leaving Idaho?
« on: February 22, 2024, 10:16:08 AM »
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/dozens-idaho-obstetricians-stopped-practicing-abortions-banned-study-107434427#:~:text=The%20number%20of%20obstetricians%20in,communities%2C%20according%20to%20its%20website.

I will say that especially in the Spokane area, we are seeing an increase in the number of OB patients from Idaho, and I think that is due to a lack of access for OB services in the CDA area.  Idaho, like Washington, has crappy insurance reimbursement for physician services, and I wonder if that also comes into play in terms of physicians leaving the state.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: OB/gyns leaving Idaho?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 10:36:32 AM »
From the bleachers, all I can say as a layman reading the local/state news is that a lot of this is political. It seems like every news story has a pregnant woman or an OBGYN going off on the right wing extremists killing mothers. They all talk about women "sneaking out of Idaho in the dead of night" to drive to Portland for abortions so they don't go to jail.

While most abortions are illegal in Idaho now, there is nothing in the law that prevents a woman from taking a 30 minute drive across the border to Ontario, OR or Spokane, WA for an abortion. The only time it's illegal is when it's minors being taken across the border without parental consent.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 10:40:41 AM »
If I had known that saving the lives of the most vulnerable and innocent among us would lead to discomfort and inconvenience for people that want to kill babies, I would never have voted for anti-abortion politicians. What has i dun?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 11:07:21 AM »
If I had known that saving the lives of the most vulnerable and innocent among us would lead to discomfort and inconvenience for people that want to kill babies, I would never have voted for anti-abortion politicians. What has i dun?

What is sickens me more than anything are those posting how joyful they are after getting rid of the unwanted "glob of cells" like it was cancer or something.
It's become a point of pride by some how many abortions they've had.
Actually seen the use of the word parasite used to describe the baby by some.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 12:35:15 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 12:43:24 PM »
What is sickens me more than anything are those posting how joyful they are after getting rid of the unwanted "glob of cells" like it was cancer or something.
It's become a point of pride by some how many abortions they've had.
Actually seen the use of the word parasite used to describe the baby by some.

I am going to right now guarantee that had that side not gone crazy with the "abortion until and after birth" and youtube videos of "abortion parties" and all the other sick stuff they have been pushing in the last few years, that we would still now be where we were pre this latest SC decision. They're getting the pendulum swing and backlash they deserve, just like the extreme transgender movement is.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 04:00:01 PM »
I am going to right now guarantee that had that side not gone crazy with the "abortion until and after birth" and youtube videos of "abortion parties" and all the other sick stuff they have been pushing in the last few years, that we would still now be where we were pre this latest SC decision.
Yep.  "Safe, legal, and rare" was a winning strategy.

What amazes me is how many people are unable to oppose even the most vile extremes of the pro-abortion side. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 04:11:28 PM »
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/dozens-idaho-obstetricians-stopped-practicing-abortions-banned-study-107434427#:~:text=The%20number%20of%20obstetricians%20in,communities%2C%20according%20to%20its%20website.

I will say that especially in the Spokane area, we are seeing an increase in the number of OB patients from Idaho, and I think that is due to a lack of access for OB services in the CDA area.  Idaho, like Washington, has crappy insurance reimbursement for physician services, and I wonder if that also comes into play in terms of physicians leaving the state.

Sure nice to know we don't have govt healthcare in the US.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 04:15:42 PM »
Yep.  "Safe, legal, and rare" was a winning strategy.

What amazes me is how many people are unable to oppose even the most vile extremes of the pro-abortion side.

Like with the radical trans movement and their supporters. They equate acceptance with things like it's okay for men dressed as women to go around and wave their penises in children's faces. Give them an inch they take a mile.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 04:56:20 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 04:48:29 PM »
Sure nice to know we don't have govt healthcare in the US.

I should have more carefully read Millcreek's OP. I know that I have read that pay is an issue in Idaho. I don't know how much of that is insurance reimbursements, actual salaries at Idaho hospitals, or the skyrocketing cost of living in Idaho.