Author Topic: Mongolian Beef with Ground Beef  (Read 270 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Mongolian Beef with Ground Beef
« on: February 24, 2024, 11:40:13 AM »
I was looking for something to cook tomorrow using a bunch of ground beef I need to use, and ran into this recipe. I've never made Mongolian beef with ground beef before (I posted a really good Mongolian beef recipe somewhere around here) but am going to give this a go with rice as a side. I'll need to do some substitutions, as I don't think I'll be able to find a couple of the sauce ingredients even in the city. I might just use the sauce from my other Mongolian beef recipe instead. This one sounds like it will be good for leftovers.

https://youtu.be/ImEDbyWuswU
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Mongolian Beef with Ground Beef
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 12:24:18 PM »
You'd be surprised what a good Asian market stocks for sauces versus the ethnic sections of the white supremacy grocery stores.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 01:07:08 PM »
You'd be surprised what a good Asian market stocks for sauces versus the ethnic sections of the white supremacy grocery stores.

Just remember to check the expiration dates and I have found fake date stickers over the real date and in some cases the date rubbed out.

Edit: And usually don't bother pointing out something is expired to the store worker/owner, been my experience they'll usually just look at you like you just farted in an elevator and put it back on the shelf
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 01:31:52 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 01:16:01 PM »
When I have run out of ideas for ground beef I will often fall back on to a goulash (I don't know its real name) , tomato based with some sort of pasta shells or Army style SOS because that is what I grew up eating. I will have to look up the Mongolian beef with ground beef recipes. Our local store puts 85% ground beef on sale for 2.97 occasionally so I get a lot and freeze it.

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 01:58:12 PM »
"When I have run out of ideas for ground beef I will often fall back on to a goulash (I don't know its real name) , tomato based with some sort of pasta shells..."

American Goulash, American Chop Suey, or Slumgullion are all common names for that.

Basically homemade beef-a-roni in a lot of ways.

I had a thread about it a couple of years ago when I rediscovered the recipe and started making it.

Mom made it when I was a kid and called it Goulash. I didn't appreciate it then, but I appreciate it now.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 01:58:36 PM »
I wonder how Mongolian Ground Turkey would be.

I'm betting pretty good. I think I'm going to give it a try.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 02:04:21 PM »
Know your enemy, and then you will survive (talking about his wife not liking chunks of ginger in her food).

:rofl:

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 12:45:34 PM »
I wonder how this would work as chimichanga stuffing...
Blog under construction