Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Mongolian Beef with Ground Beef

(1/2) > >>

Ben:
I was looking for something to cook tomorrow using a bunch of ground beef I need to use, and ran into this recipe. I've never made Mongolian beef with ground beef before (I posted a really good Mongolian beef recipe somewhere around here) but am going to give this a go with rice as a side. I'll need to do some substitutions, as I don't think I'll be able to find a couple of the sauce ingredients even in the city. I might just use the sauce from my other Mongolian beef recipe instead. This one sounds like it will be good for leftovers.

https://youtu.be/ImEDbyWuswU

RocketMan:
You'd be surprised what a good Asian market stocks for sauces versus the ethnic sections of the white supremacy grocery stores.

WLJ:

--- Quote from: RocketMan on February 24, 2024, 12:24:18 PM ---You'd be surprised what a good Asian market stocks for sauces versus the ethnic sections of the white supremacy grocery stores.

--- End quote ---

Just remember to check the expiration dates and I have found fake date stickers over the real date and in some cases the date rubbed out.

Edit: And usually don't bother pointing out something is expired to the store worker/owner, been my experience they'll usually just look at you like you just farted in an elevator and put it back on the shelf

BobR:
When I have run out of ideas for ground beef I will often fall back on to a goulash (I don't know its real name) , tomato based with some sort of pasta shells or Army style SOS because that is what I grew up eating. I will have to look up the Mongolian beef with ground beef recipes. Our local store puts 85% ground beef on sale for 2.97 occasionally so I get a lot and freeze it.

bob

K Frame:
"When I have run out of ideas for ground beef I will often fall back on to a goulash (I don't know its real name) , tomato based with some sort of pasta shells..."

American Goulash, American Chop Suey, or Slumgullion are all common names for that.

Basically homemade beef-a-roni in a lot of ways.

I had a thread about it a couple of years ago when I rediscovered the recipe and started making it.

Mom made it when I was a kid and called it Goulash. I didn't appreciate it then, but I appreciate it now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version