Author Topic: Squatters Should Be Shot  (Read 1065 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Squatters Should Be Shot
« on: March 01, 2024, 04:25:37 PM »
These squatter stories always irritate me, because in Ben's world <TM>, they get one chance to pay for the damages they caused and then leave. If they don't, you simply shoot them and that's that. I'm not even doing hyperbole. I would have no qualms killing someone who took over my home and refused to leave. Tough *expletive deleted*it for you.

With this one, I simply don't understand the law here. This is New York. I will bet real money that their real estate and escrow laws are at least as stringent as California's, where the home seller can get into all kinds of legal trouble if they fail to disclose a host of issues on the like fifty pages you have to fill out when you sell a property. So I don't get how this squatter can claim "a previous agreement with the former owners". If it wasn't stated in the escrow forms, or discovered in the title search, then the former owners and/or title company should have the liability here, and the squatter should have zero rights. At the very least, the former owners would have to take the house back.

Anyway, this guy needs to be shot.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/03/01/queens-squatter-nyp-n2393454
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
Re: Squatters Should Be Shot
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 07:44:15 PM »
I'll go with you and help.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 08:11:37 PM »
After shooting them can we drag their crap into the street and burn it. Just wait until those illegals being housed in private homes learn they are rooted after 30 days, in some places.

bob

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 08:15:46 PM »
That's why horses and cattle are branded and they have official State Brand Inspectors so you can be sure you're hanging the right person.

"Is the house insured?" he asked meaningfully. I understand there are many fire hazards associated with that group of people.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 08:37:06 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 09:18:50 PM »
We have this in St. Louis:

https://youtu.be/Ol2_jBmiDsA?si=tj7syZxypTZNnAxy

The gentrified neighbors are rapidly become "conservative."
Blog under construction

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 09:47:52 PM »

That is just nasty. I would have to do my civic/neighborly duty and put some road flares out at night so people don't run into their home. ;)

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2024, 09:53:03 PM »
Be a shame the next time it snowed a snow plow went just a little too far to the right.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2024, 11:02:25 PM »
How about an oscillating lawn sprinkler that runs for multiple hours, soaking everything?  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2024, 03:53:13 AM »

I'm seeing more and more holes in the mantle of nobility the Libcoms are so proud of.  We, as a nation, are cutting off our own balls.  The Leftists are "steering" us.  Pun intended.\

Terry, 230RN

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2024, 07:52:55 AM »
I actually tried to run down some organization to deal with 'em after they burned a garage near my house (cookfire again, squatting...).

They do NOT like anything having to do with christians. Nope on the red cross.

And it does not seem like there are any Islamic groups/charities... At least none who care about their type. The city social workers? They are over their head on this one. They can talk crackhead ghetto banger, but this couple is not even in their ballpark...
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2024, 07:58:49 AM »
I don't see why ANYONE coming home to find strangers in their home would regard them as anything other than home invaders.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2024, 10:24:43 AM »

Sudanese immigrants?  Deport their asses.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2024, 10:26:43 AM »
Sudanese immigrants?  Deport their asses.

Biden will get right on that
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2024, 10:53:15 AM »

That is some third world, open sewers, *expletive deleted*it right there.  And they've been doing it for YEARS?

It seems like there are plenty of non-lethal ways the neighborhood could have urged them to move on by now.  It's not like they are likely to call the police on you.  Some paintball guns with pepperballs through the openings in the tarps come to mind.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2024, 11:02:25 AM »
That is some third world, open sewers, *expletive deleted*it right there.  And they've been doing it for YEARS?

It seems like there are plenty of non-lethal ways the neighborhood could have urged them to move on by now.  It's not like they are likely to call the police on you.  Some paintball guns with pepperballs through the openings in the tarps come to mind.

From the vibe I'm getting from Bogie, it sounds like that neighborhood is full of kumbaya hippies, so I'm thinking that's not an option they're considering. In a normal neighborhood, I can think of all kinds of "oops" stuff you could do that looks accidental but would be completely annoying to the squatters. Especially if done every day.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2024, 11:08:05 AM »
From the vibe I'm getting from Bogie, it sounds like that neighborhood is full of kumbaya hippies

Let them live with what they voted for
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2024, 11:18:49 AM »
From the vibe I'm getting from Bogie, it sounds like that neighborhood is full of kumbaya hippies, so I'm thinking that's not an option they're considering. In a normal neighborhood, I can think of all kinds of "oops" stuff you could do that looks accidental but would be completely annoying to the squatters. Especially if done every day.

Daily "accidents" are "evidence."  I'm not clear on how you mean this.  And I can see how unsuccessful "under-the-table" attempts can only increase one's pain, rage, and frustration.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 11:35:01 AM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2024, 11:41:07 AM »
Daily "accidents" are "evidence." 

Then you just make sure once is enough  >:D
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2024, 11:52:30 AM »
Daily "accidents" are "evidence."  I'm not clear on how you mean this.  And I can see how unsuccessful "under-the-table" attempts can only increase one's pain, rage, and frustration.

Terry, 230RN

Evidence to whom? of what? That the neighborhood wants them to leave?  That's not a secret.

Capsaicin being introduced to their tarps between midnight and 0400 frequently is probably illegal, but short of setting up game cams or a stakeout pretty hard to find evidence of a specific person doing it, if the homeless even call the cops.  It's also probably nicer than what would happen in my town, which would be men with guns (and maybe uniforms) dragging them out, and destroying their shanty and meagar possessions while pointing them at the more "approved" areas to squat.

Even skipping the blocked sidewalks, and general shantytown look, there's no reason for anyone in the US to put up with an open sewer, and the disease it spreads.  Shitting in a storm drain and letting rainwater carry it throuout the system is unacceptacle.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2024, 01:53:21 PM »
Evidence to whom? of what? That the neighborhood wants them to leave?  That's not a secret.

Capsaicin being introduced to their tarps between midnight and 0400 frequently is probably illegal, but short of setting up game cams or a stakeout pretty hard to find evidence of a specific person doing it, if the homeless even call the cops.  It's also probably nicer than what would happen in my town, which would be men with guns (and maybe uniforms) dragging them out, and destroying their shanty and meagar possessions while pointing them at the more "approved" areas to squat.

Even skipping the blocked sidewalks, and general shantytown look, there's no reason for anyone in the US to put up with an open sewer, and the disease it spreads.  Shitting in a storm drain and letting rainwater carry it throuout the system is unacceptacle.

Whew.  Sorry, I usually have personal ethical qualms about clandestine revenge-like tactics.  "Probably illegal," indeed.

I mean evidence for them and against (unkown, ha!) you or the (unkown, ha!) neighbors in any counter-claim or harassment issue. 

While it could be said that since they are in some kind of violation themselves, they therefore have no standing in a dispute.  But the law (and popular  opinion) seems to have changed into favoring "whoever has the loudest megaphone and is most downtrodden."  Just seems that way.  And I'm not necessarily talking about legally-defined evidence.

Just get some weepywimpy one-sided MSM reporter to interview them and see how that turns out after you and he neighbors have harasssed them daily frequently... and probably illegally.

"This is Miranda Veracruz de la Jolla Cardinal at the living space of this poor family of six, hoping the harassers of this downtrodden family of six with four little children and one who was almost blinded by the tear gas, are found out and given the justice they deserve, signing off."

I really don't know what you're arguing about, dogmush, especially since forum rules prohibit recommending (whatever that means) anything illegal.

Yeah, I know the riposte techniques...

You  don't mean revenge...

You don't mean "illegal"...

You're not recommending...

:rofl:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 02:33:40 PM by 230RN »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2024, 02:50:51 PM »
Nope I definitely mean illegal.  I said it in my previous post.

I'm arguing that in a case of such an enormous,  years long lapse in the responsibilities that that neighborhood delegated to their local government,  it is no longer immoral to fix the problem yourself,  while still illegal.

I do take issue with claiming I am advocating revenge,  as I am not.  The purpose is to get those folks to either live like in such a way as they aren't a health hazard and infringing on property and rights of others, or move on and be shitbags elsewhere.  That's not revenge,  that's solving a clear problem.

I also was pointing out that in this particular case I think it's highly unlikely the couple in question is going to go to the police, or hire a lawyer for an harrassment claim, so that the problem solving, while illegal,  is pretty low risk and could be done in a way that is unlikely to damage anyone.

I'm not sure why, or even how, one has ethical qualms about a neighborhood solving this problem after, again YEARS, of the local .Gov failing to do so.  If you don't like my idea of rendering their shanty unlivable so they choose to move on, how would you handle the problem?  Go hands on and beat them? Kidnap them and drop them in another state? Burn the shanty to the ground, or run through it with a vehicle? What's you legal and ethical solution to the open sewer in the stormwater system?

Can't say "Wait for the authorities", because that clearly isn't working.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2024, 03:28:18 PM »
As I said before, they should be deported.  If they want to live in such squalor they can do so back in the turd-world country they came from.  It's normal and acceptable there, not here.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2024, 03:49:28 PM »
. . .  if the homeless even call the cops . . .
They may - there's a good chance they have free Obama phones. Or maybe it's now free Biden or free Mayorkas phones?

In any case, it's just a matter of time before some people might do something . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2024, 03:52:19 PM »
As I said before, they should be deported.  If they want to live in such squalor they can do so back in the turd-world country they came from.  It's normal and acceptable there, not here.

So your plan is wait for the authorities to do something.   

Let's see how long that takes. We're 4 years and counting according to that news story.

What happens if the authorities do show up, and they have immigrated legally? Deport anyway?  That's illegal. [Clutches pearls]  =D

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2024, 05:07:54 PM »
Back to the squatter in the OP

He's now reached reached feet first into a slow wood chipper level.

A serial squatter who hijacked a couple's $2 million New York City home has been trying to bleed them dry financially with massive utility bills and costly repairs, according to the homeowners.

Joseph and Susana Landa, both 68, are currently embroiled in a months-long eviction struggle with Brett Flores, 32.

They claim that Flores has been running up huge bills and even caused a sewage flood at the property, which they bought to live in with their disabled son.

The couple told Fox News, Flores had flooded the backyard by allowing a cesspool to get clogged on the property, which resulted in them being forced to rip up a porch and much of the property's landscaping.

And apparently he's a serial squatter

The couple say they were also shown evidence that Flores ‘had done this [squatting] before’ at homes in Ohio and California.

According to their lawyer Anthony Mordente, Flores told the couple he would only  leave the property once he was paid in excess $100,000.
Serial squatter who hijacked millionaire NYC couple's $2M mansion tries to bleed them financially by blasting through their utilities and causing a vile sewage flood (before demanding $100,000 to leave)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13149569/squatter-Long-Island-couples-2-million-dream-home.html

WTF is this allowed to happen?
- Calvin and Hobbes