Author Topic: 2024 SOTU address  (Read 925 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
2024 SOTU address
« on: March 07, 2024, 09:19:56 PM »
My wife and I are watching the President enter the chamber, and we both think he is looking decrepit.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: 2024 SOTU address
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 09:20:57 PM »
My wife and I are watching the President enter the chamber, and we both think he is looking decrepit.

Was thinking the same things. And look at his eyes, black eyes in a plastic face
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 09:30:47 PM »
I can't watch this, I got my sanity to think of. I'll catch the condensed version later
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 09:41:27 PM »
Why is this guy always mad? I'll wait for the recap too.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 09:56:44 PM »

Watching him would do nothing good for my health.  I'll wait for the reports tomorrow.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 10:13:12 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2024, 10:22:02 PM »
Calls for a Federal ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2024, 10:33:21 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2024, 10:45:13 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2024, 07:48:34 AM »
No offense to her, and she seems like a nice and sincere person, but I think the Rs made a poor choice for the Republican response. While she made good points, her voice was breaking like she was going to cry through most of it, and to me, it came off as weak.

Also, as I catch the key points in the reviews this morning, Good for Marjorie Taylor Green for pushing Biden to say Laken Riley's name, but of course, "Lincoln Riley". At least he made another gaff (from the dem side) and said "illegal", which pissed off the progs.  :rofl:

Also, the father of one of the marines killed during the Afghanistan pullout was in the crowd and yelled out during the speech. He was arrested for some of the same charges that 06JAN protestors got.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2024, 07:52:27 AM »
Going by his eyes and general demeanor no one can tell me he was wasn't hopped up on drugs. My guess is they'll keep him under wraps for a few days to recover.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2024, 08:37:34 AM »
Going by his eyes and general demeanor no one can tell me he was wasn't hopped up on drugs. My guess is they'll keep him under wraps for a few days to recover.
He arrived late and dove right into his speech without waiting for the traditional introduction by the Speaker. Last minute dosing and no introduction in his rehearsals?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2024, 08:52:58 AM »
Did anyone keep a lie count or did they give up after 15 minutes?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2024, 09:01:03 AM »
Did anyone keep a lie count or did they give up after 15 minutes?

Twitchy did a live blog, which it appears they archived, and it looks like all the bingo cards were easily filled in the first 15 minutes.

https://twitchy.com/liveblog/2024/03/07/twitchy-live-blogs-the-state-of-the-union-n257

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2024, 09:21:38 AM »
Crowder did a livestream.  I came in to the middle for a few minutes.  I realized quickly I didn't care to listen to Biden take credit for stuff and brag about all the stuff he was going to do (but hadn't bothered to do before) without give any details at all about how it would be done. 

Maybe it is being an engineer or something, I really dislike when some politician says they will solve a problem without providing the slightest detail of how that will happen.  Maybe I am old enough to know they really have no idea what they are doing.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2024, 10:11:47 AM »
No offense to her, and she seems like a nice and sincere person, but I think the Rs made a poor choice for the Republican response. While she made good points, her voice was breaking like she was going to cry through most of it, and to me, it came off as weak.

Plus I got tired of her framing so many things 'as a mom', 'as a family', etc. to support her statements and opinions.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2024, 10:49:13 AM »
Plus I got tired of her framing so many things 'as a mom', 'as a family', etc. to support her statements and opinions.

Filming in the kitchen was probably bad optics as well, outside of the tradwife community. I mean, Kamala, AOC, and Pocahontas have all filmed in their kitchens, but progs get a pass. When Rs do it, it's Handmaid's Tale.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2024, 10:57:51 AM »
Filming in the kitchen was probably bad optics as well, outside of the tradwife community. I mean, Kamala, AOC, and Pocahontas have all filmed in their kitchens, but progs get a pass. When Rs do it, it's Handmaid's Tale.

Which is pretty much what they're saying

Sen. Katie Britt Being a Conservative Woman TRIGGERS Lefty Hags, Heifers, Harpies, Harridans, AND Shrews
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/03/08/leftist-women-go-full-out-mean-girl-sexists-on-katie-britt-n2393755

Probably the most over the top example

Katie Britt supporting a rich, white rapist from her kitchen while scapegoating migrants and wearing a cross couldn’t be more on brand.
    — Jen (@JenResistedAGN) March 8, 2024
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2024, 12:08:30 PM »
Meanwhile on Planet Brandon

We’re watching our current and future President speak the truth with clarity and strength. So proud of President Biden. Republicans under the thumb of Trump are an embarrassment. When you can’t even applaud America’s success, you have no business serving in Congress.
    — Rob Reiner (@robreiner) March 8, 2024

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/03/08/rob-reiner-out-dumbs-the-dumbest-with-his-glowing-review-of-bidens-cringe-sotu-n2393756
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2024, 12:26:32 PM »
Nancy. Pelosi.

Nancy is upset Biden used the word illegal instead of the PC term undocumented

Pelosi slams Joe Biden for referring to Laken Riley's kiIIer as an illegal:

"He should've said undocumented."

pic.twitter.com/vMoAqSyZPe
    — End Wokeness (@EndWokeness) March 8, 2024
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/03/08/democrats-are-angry-at-biden-for-admitting-laken-riley-was-killed-by-an-illegal-n2393744
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2024, 12:39:40 PM »
Biden Tells Aide He Had Strange Dream He Was Talking And People Were Standing And Clapping
https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-tells-aides-he-had-strange-dream-he-was-talking-and-people-were-standing-and-clapping

And related to that

DC-Area Pharmacies All Out Of Stimulants
https://babylonbee.com/news/dc-area-pharmacies-all-out-of-stimulants
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2024, 02:52:57 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2024, 04:42:25 PM »
They sped it up slightly, which only makes it funnier. The same speech for the last three years.  :rofl:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1766132981746295073