Author Topic: Musk Telephone Company, Inc.  (Read 138 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Musk Telephone Company, Inc.
« on: March 09, 2024, 08:41:50 AM »
The Starlink phone integration has progressed a lot faster than I was aware of. I've already been thinking about switching to T-Mobile for a few other reasons, but this would seal the deal, especially if it's already coming out this year. I was surprised at the current success on the indoor signal (even though it's not designed for that). I need to keep an eye on possibly buying some T-Mobile stock, though the per share price is a bit rich for my blood.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/spacex-cellular-starlink-system-works-on-iphone-pixel-galaxy-devices
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Musk Telephone Company, Inc.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 09:49:08 AM »
Interesting. I was preparing to dump T Mobile because of crappy coverage in my area. Maybe I’ll wait.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 09:52:13 AM »
Interesting. I was preparing to dump T Mobile because of crappy coverage in my area. Maybe I’ll wait.

I normally wouldn't have considered T-mobile, but from info I'm collecting, they seem to be at least as good as Verizon in my AO. I've never run into that anywhere else I've lived - Verizon has always been king. Plus T-Mobile appears to be expanding its internet service close enough for me to get it, which would give me Starlink bandwidth at less than half the cost.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 10:08:27 AM »
I'm just amazed they can pick up a reliable signed from a cell phone.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 10:26:23 AM »
My biggest gripe with my AT&T service is that the second I walk into my house my signal disappears.

I have to set my phone to Wifi calling to get signal. I never had that problem with Verizon. But, it's a small price to pay for what I'm saving over Verizon given my AT&T employee discounts. Mtnbkr used to work for Verizon and he said that the cell service discounts he got as a Verizon employee... well, he didn't get any.

My AT&T service also isn't that great when I visit Castle Key's area. It's pretty rural and bounded by a lot of water, so not a lot of places for cell towers. If I move down there when I retire (strongly considering it) I'll probably get a cell signal booster for the house no matter what carrier I have.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.