Author Topic: Big panic piece in The Atlantic...  (Read 303 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Big panic piece in The Atlantic...
« on: March 10, 2024, 02:17:19 PM »
Crying about how, if Trump is elected again, he's going to "punish" the blue states.

Hundreds of crying replies on their Facebook page about how evil he is, how he's worse than Hitler, etc.

Wasn't it the Atlantic in 2015/2016 who predicted that Trump would definitely become a dictator if he were elected?

While I don't like Trump, I LOVE panicked liberal tears.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Big panic piece in The Atlantic...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 03:28:34 PM »
They was all going to run off to Canukistan.  Didn't happen.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 04:30:05 PM »
They was all going to run off to Canukistan.  Didn't happen.

If they don't like Trumpian dictatorship, perhaps they'll enjoy the Trudeau version.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 08:48:51 PM »
If trump wanted to punish the Blue states, all he has to do is leave the Biden policies in place.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 09:01:13 PM »
I think the blue states are doing it themselves no outside help needed.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 09:07:40 PM »
I find it funny that there was an exodus of people from the South to the industrial cities of the North... and now the movement is in the opposite direction.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 09:11:40 AM »
If trump wanted to punish the Blue states, all he has to do is leave the Biden policies in place.
No bail outs also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 11:55:28 PM »
I think the blue states are doing it themselves no outside help needed.

Yeah.  Two great examples are "Commiefornia" and IL-ANNOY.  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 07:25:00 AM »
No bail outs also.
That is a MAJOR issue for the next POTUS. Of course if some disaster hits - for example, when Kalifornia gets "The Big One" (earthquake) the rest of the nation can, and should, help out. But when they have budget issues because of asinine policies their elected leaders impose . . . no. In fact, HELL no. I have absolutely NO interest in digging into my own hard-earned finances to bail out some other state because of their bad policy choices.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 07:44:49 AM »
That is a MAJOR issue for the next POTUS. Of course if some disaster hits - for example, when Kalifornia gets "The Big One" (earthquake) the rest of the nation can, and should, help out. But when they have budget issues because of asinine policies their elected leaders impose . . . no. In fact, HELL no. I have absolutely NO interest in digging into my own hard-earned finances to bail out some other state because of their bad policy choices.

Exactly.

That's exactly the reason why the Ford Administration told NYC to *expletive deleted*ck off back in the 1970s when they came asking for a bail out to avoid bankruptcy -- their financial problems were 100% personnel and policy driven.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.