Author Topic: Question: the 2nd impeachment  (Read 205 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Question: the 2nd impeachment
« on: March 16, 2024, 03:39:21 PM »
I applied a coat of primer to the basement steps this morning, and it not being a walk-out, I was obliged to stay down there a while. So, I had time to think, and I began to wonder something.

If Donald Trump becomes president again, and the foreigners get control of the House again, what will the next set of impeachment charges be?

My prediction is he'll be "impeached" for hatespeech.

(I'm calling it the second impeachment. The first "impeachment" was clearly not a real impeachment, as he wasn't charged with committing any actual crimes.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
Re: Question: the 2nd impeachment
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 11:59:58 AM »
I applied a coat of primer to the basement steps this morning, and it not being a walk-out, I was obliged to stay down there a while. So, I had time to think, and I began to wonder something.

If Donald Trump becomes president again, and the foreigners get control of the House again, what will the next set of impeachment charges be?

My prediction is he'll be "impeached" for hatespeech.

(I'm calling it the second impeachment. The first "impeachment" was clearly not a real impeachment, as he wasn't charged with committing any actual crimes.)
Perpetual impeachment proceedings will become de rigueur with the foreigners (good term!) having a House majority. And most of the legacy media will be beating the drum in support of such.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 04:50:15 PM »
Somebody (Trump?) recently was quoted as saying that if republicans don't win this November, there may never be another election.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 05:17:37 PM »
Somebody (Trump?) recently was quoted as saying that if republicans don't win this November, there may never be another election.
I am certain there will be more elections.  I just won't predict the nature of them.  Many dictators around the world have had regular elections. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 10:15:39 PM »
I am certain there will be more elections.  I just won't predict the nature of them.  Many dictators around the world have had regular elections.

Yeah.  Those, like Putin's recent "re-election" don't count as they aren't "free" elections.  And, I'm not sure that 2020 was a "free" election.  :facepalm:  [popcorn]  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”