Author Topic: Beef at Costco today, BROCIOLE edition!  (Read 105 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Beef at Costco today, BROCIOLE edition!
« on: April 04, 2024, 07:23:12 PM »
I bought 2 beautiful top rounds at Costco today for .50 less than ground beef price.
Yeah the due to be gross date was circled for 2 days from now but these are going to become the best freakin brociole in the whole midwest this weekend.
I learned to make brociole (pronounced Bra-Joel) from an Italian lady when I was in college 45 years ago. Her recipe is different from any of the current youtoobs out there. I used to use flank steak but not at 3x the price or more.
Butterfly filletted, hammered flat, rubbed on both sides with pressed garlic, salt and pepper, in EVO oil paste, filled with diced hard boiled egg, chopped spinach, chopped black olives, 2 or 3 kinds of Italian cheeses and some Italian seasonings.
Rolled, tied with butchers string, seared in a pan
Then cooked in the tomato sauce until the neighbors start knocking on the door and asking what’s cooking.
Served on pasta noodles with broccoli, a crusty baguette and the bottle of Chianti I’ve been saving.

What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Beef at Costco today, BROCIOLE edition!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 08:14:08 PM »
Holy crap that sounds good!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Beef at Costco today, BROCIOLE edition!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 06:52:58 AM »
You had me until you got to olives...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.