Main Forums > Politics

So, when did [i]you[/i] loose trust in NPR?

(1/6) > >>

lee n. field:
Politics, because, you know.

I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust.

Seeing this referenced all over the Book of Faces.

Low nineties for a few years my commute was a half hour, instead of the two minutes it is now.  I'd listen to the radio driving, and probably have NPR on because it's more "contentful" than really anything else.  All Things Considered on the drive back, plus whatever was on in the morning.

NPR's coverage of Ruby Ridge, while that was ongoing, was infuriating.  I think that's probably about when they definitively lost me.

K Frame:
I read a follow up article that said that a survey of the NPR's main news room revealed of the 87 people who answered, 87 self-identified as Democrat/liberal, and ZERO identified as Republican/conservative.

I'd say I'm shocked, but I'd be lying through my teeth.

I used to listen to NPR back in the 1990s. They weren't too terrible back then, but they started tipping HARD to the left around the time that Bush II went into office, and it just continued falling left faster and faster.

I finally quit listening to them around 2003-2004 when they became absolutely sickening at how far to the left they'd done. Stalin would have been a Conservative to them.

Cliffh:
I've listened to more radio than I've watched TV.  I doubt I've listened to NPR more than 2 hours total.

Tuco:
October 2012, when the Magliozzi brothers retired.

French G.:
In the 80s 88.5 from DC was always on in .my dad's shop. So elementary school me listened to a fair amount of political chatter in between the bluegrass. Late 90s I had tons of highway time and listened but they were far gone by then. To this day I listen some after I flip from Hannity or something,  gotta hear what the clowns on both ends are saying.

NPR to me is way more dangerous in peddling bias than a Hannity or MSNBC. They cover the bias in soothing music, high production value interest pieces and thoughtful adult tones. People listen and think they are being educated.

My upbringing in a split home helps. Well, helps me hate everything at least. When you have one wing of the family  who considers Hillary too conservative and the other side is right of Attila the hun you hear lots of different views.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version