Author Topic: Synagogues and churches attacked in soutern Russia  (Read 161 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Synagogues and churches attacked in soutern Russia
« on: June 24, 2024, 08:25:21 AM »
Looks like the religion of peace has struck again
Gunmen attack synagogue(s) and church(es) and set fire to them in the Dagestan region which is in southern Russia. Reported at least 19 dead. Priest reportedly had his throat slit. Apparently there was a pretty big shootout with police.
This one is showing links to ISIS-K again. Remember the recent concert hall attack?

Terror in Russia after gunmen open fire at two synagogues leaving six police officers dead before attacking an Orthodox Church and slitting the throat of a priest
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13560507/russia-terror-gunman-synagogues-police-dead.html

Death toll in Russian gun rampage climbs to 19 including priest as MP tries to blame the West for atrocity in Dagestan region known for Islamist attacks - despite father of shooters admitting sons had 'extremist ideas'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13561977/Death-toll-Russian-terror-attack-climbs-16-including-cops-priest-throat-slit-gunmen-torched-synagogues-church-rampage-Dagestan-region-six-attackers-killed.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 09:00:45 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Synagogues and churches attacked in soutern Russia
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2024, 09:02:49 AM »
Finding the choice of weapon in the photo somewhat interesting being not the usual ubiquitous AK

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2024, 11:08:34 AM »
Finding the choice of weapon in the photo somewhat interesting being not the usual ubiquitous AK

Probably rifles that were left behind in Afghanistan.
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2024, 12:17:57 PM »
Probably rifles that were left behind in Afghanistan.

The picture was fuzzy for a positive ID, but that certainly crossed my mind as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."