Author Topic: New Doritos Flavor...  (Read 444 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
New Doritos Flavor...
« on: May 28, 2024, 11:37:18 AM »
Baja Fiery Mango...

I looked hard at this one today before I decided to give it a try. I was really questioning whether mango would work in a chip.

Well, it does.

It's sweet, savory, salty, and spicy all at the same time, and darn if they are not good.

The first flavor that hits is the sweetness of the mango, followed by the salty corn chip, and with a finish of the spice.

I think this one is a real winner, as compared to say, the ketchup and mustard versions they had out recently. The ketchup was especially disgusting. The mustard was... meh... but I think it would have formed a good base for something like a liverwurst dip.

The new mango flavor stands on its own, though.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: New Doritos Flavor...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2024, 11:52:29 AM »
Holy crap, these have some serious after burn to them!

And they don't have the nasty chemical aftertaste that some other Doritos flavors have had in years past.

These are a REAL winner as far as I'm concerned.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: New Doritos Flavor...
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2024, 07:41:51 AM »
And they appear to be gone.

Damn.

They were good.

Hot mustard appears to have made a comeback, though, so maybe I'll make some liverwurst dip and give it a try with them.