Author Topic: Project 2025  (Read 1333 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Project 2025
« on: July 01, 2024, 12:08:11 PM »
After the debate, I started seeing posts about Project 2025 showing up in various news feeds. I read the Wikipedia article about it.  I wonder if there are serious plans to implement this if there is a Republican victory in the presidential election this year.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

JTHunter

• friends
Re: Project 2025
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2024, 12:25:43 AM »
I'm not sure that Wikipedia is honest enough to be "dependable".
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2024, 08:00:05 AM »
I think a lot of people are mixing up project 2025 and Agenda 47.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2024, 08:27:37 AM »
I wonder how many "far right" things are actually set up by folks on the left, who want "evidence."

One of the kids at work thinks that there are actually cities that are comprised of uptight men and "handmaidens" out beyond the outer belt highway...
Blog under construction

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2024, 11:49:38 AM »
I'm looking at a post from one of the attorneys who works here.  Some of the things listed on the "master plan" are not within the authority of the president, like eliminating no fault divorces, use of military personnel to stop protesting.  Other things are pretty extreme...ban contraception, prohibit labor unions, raise the retirement age to 70, prohibit single parent homes...some of this has got to be crap people are making up.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2024, 12:16:56 PM »
I'm looking at a post from one of the attorneys who works here.  Some of the things listed on the "master plan" are not within the authority of the president, like eliminating no fault divorces, use of military personnel to stop protesting.  Other things are pretty extreme...ban contraception, prohibit labor unions, raise the retirement age to 70, prohibit single parent homes...some of this has got to be crap people are making up.

Just, again, Project 2025 is a Heritage Foundation document that's like 900 pages long. It's separate from Trump and Trump has not endorsed it (that I know of). I doubt many people have read the whole long ass thing, so the lefties can make up all the crap they want. Plus this whole Handmaid's Tale and "they're going to kill all the gays" stuff has taken on a ridiculous life of its own. You can't ask somebody for directions anymore without being accused of wanting to make women birth slaves and sending the lgbtqr#$+ to the gas chamber.

Agenda 47 is Trump's thing, and it's on his website. It's a short, bullet point list.

Project 2025:

https://static.project2025.org/2025_MandateForLeadership_FULL.pdf
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2024, 05:33:15 PM »
Larry Correia's take on it:

Larry Correia
@monsterhunter45
Guys, I've been going through this top secret Project 2025 and I've got to share some of the super evil stuff Trump's planning! What horrible things have you found? So far I've seen that he's going to:
-form a new state mandated religion of Trumpism, which is kinda protestant but with more hookers.
-Insufficient racism is punishable by death.
-No more gay stuff... Well, except for Lindsey Graham. He's okay I guess.
-Ban the TV show The View and throw the hosts in the ocean.
-Eradicate all "doodle" dogs. Labradoodles, Goldiedoodles, Aussiedoodles. Gone!
-Mandate assault rifle ownership for children and pacifists.
-Nuke Quebec.
-have all marriages be arranged by a lady named "Nice Aunt Helen" who knows "a boy who works at the grocery store and I think he might be single".
-force every Trader Joe's to have a McDonalds inside of it.
-The Earth is hereby flat.
-have all local artisanal craft fairs will be bulldozed to make way for new golf courses that only rich white men can use.
-make Harry Potter mandatory reading for transsexuals.
-Oh never mind, we already deported the transsexuals.
-And burned all the books too, *expletive deleted*it, this is complicated.
-Republicans who voted for Ron DeSantis in the primary will have their eyes plucked out and devoured by Laura Loomer.
-Mexico and Greenland will be annexed as the 58th and 59th state. We'd take Canada too but it is irradiated now.
-Candace Owens to be named Secretary of Science to educate Americans about the danger of Jewish space dinosaurs faking the moon landing.
-All public transportation will consist of Tesla Cyber Trucks.
-Hand Maid's Tale times a MILLION!!!
-Dancing is forbidden.
-Use dark magic rituals from an ancient Sumerian book of the dead to turn Clarence Thomas immortal! (okay, seriously, I could really get behind this one)
-Clone Senator Mike Lee.
-Pack the Supreme Court with 200 Mike Lee Clones.
-Force Disney to rehire Gina Carano and make a show of just Gina beating the everliving *expletive deleted*it out of the cast and crew of the Acolyte for 8 episodes.
-No more left turns. Your ass can drive all the way around the block, damned commies.
-Ricky Gervais hosts the Oscars from now on... Also, give Ricky Gervais the Epstein client list beforehand and let hilarity ensue.
-All packages of Twix in stores will be opened and the left Twix thrown in the garbage. From now on we will only eat the right Twix.
-Declare war on walkable cities.
-Drill for oil in Berkley.
-Failure to immediately run over climate protestors who are blocking traffic will result in a $500 ticket.

Those are just the tip of the iceberg of this super evil Project 2025! What have you heard?

Never change, Larry, never change.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2024, 08:46:41 AM »
I can support the Ricky Gervais assignments.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2024, 01:17:56 PM »
Eric Swalwell attempts to match wits with Ben Shapiro and it isn't even close:

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1811077106992132491
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2024, 02:58:11 PM »

I've seen quite a few Shapiro clips from that hearing. He should be called in more often.  :laugh:

Also, for those wondering what much of this is about:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/07/10/house-judiciary-finds-conservative-media-is-being-throttled-shapiro-thread-n2398197

castle key

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2024, 07:03:28 PM »
Several years ago, Agenda 21 was a big UN conspiracy thing. Leftist immediately placed A21 believers into the asylum drawer. Crazy ass right wing tin foil insanity!!

Project 2025 is chiseled in stone. We will all suffer misery.

I can't wait until mid November.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2024, 08:09:23 PM »
The uber lefties I'm FB friends with have been going nuts over Project 25.  It's comical.
Formerly sumpnz

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2024, 08:56:50 PM »
The uber lefties I'm FB friends with have been going nuts over Project 25.  It's comical.

You too?  =D

I give them this:

Donald Trump has never once stated that he supports, or intends to implement Project 2025 as his Presidential platform.

He hasn't talked about it because he has his own Presidential platform, it's called Agenda 47. He advertises Agenda 47, because Agenda 47 is his plan. Project 2025 is the Heritage Foundation's plan, they are a third party conservative think tank that has no official role within the Republican party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agenda_47

His own website goes into detail on what Agenda 47 is. https://www.donaldjtrump.com/agenda47

Then it's crickets. At least none have unfriended me, I must try harder. ;)

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2024, 09:00:37 PM »
You too?  =D

I give them this:

Then it's crickets. At least none have unfriended me, I must try harder. ;)

bob

I would at least expect "But has he ever stated he doesn't support it?" from them
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

zahc

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2024, 09:12:34 AM »
He actually has officially stated he is not involved with project 2025 as part of his campaign. But they don't believe it and keep sharing pictures of him supposedly shaking hands with project 2025 architects as if that proves it once and for all.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2024, 09:37:53 AM »
He actually has officially stated he is not involved with project 2025 as part of his campaign. But they don't believe it and keep sharing pictures of him supposedly shaking hands with project 2025 architects as if that proves it once and for all.

You know who else shook hands? Hitler

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2024, 09:51:06 AM »
And this popped up in the same search
Googled Hitler shaking hands
It wasn't the only one, there was a bunch more. Got to wonder how many actually believe the "photos" are real.

"Adolf Hitler shaking hands with Donald Trump"

- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2024, 03:04:12 PM »
And this popped up in the same search
Googled Hitler shaking hands
It wasn't the only one, there was a bunch more. Got to wonder how many actually believe the "photos" are real.

"Adolf Hitler shaking hands with Donald Trump"

The saddest part about that is some will believe it despite the fact that there is over 50 years difference in the timeline.  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2024, 03:11:46 PM »
They've even created a URL that makes it sound like it's a Trump product. "trumpsproject2025.com"

Rep. Eric Swalwell
@RepSwalwell
·
Follow
Messaging matters:

Stop saying: “Project 2025”

Say: “Trump’s Project 2025”

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/07/11/shining-example-of-integrity-eric-swalwell-wants-dems-to-be-more-dishonest-about-project-2025-n2398244

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2024, 04:02:53 PM »
I can support the Ricky Gervais assignments.
He isn't specifically needed.  Just turn the award shows into roasts.  Everyone gets roasted no matter who they are. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2024, 09:03:57 AM »

I've seen quite a few Shapiro clips from that hearing. He should be called in more often.  :laugh:

Also, for those wondering what much of this is about:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/07/10/house-judiciary-finds-conservative-media-is-being-throttled-shapiro-thread-n2398197

:rofl:

Shapiro Agrees To Share Joint Ownership Of Eric Swalwell With Chinese
https://babylonbee.com/news/shapiro-agrees-to-share-joint-ownership-of-eric-swalwell-with-chinese
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2024, 12:16:38 PM »
They're not necessarily all idiots, though many are, but they do count on enough voters on being idiots

NH State Rep. Wendy E. N Thomas
@WendyENThomas
If Project 2025 is enacted, JD Vance's wife, pictured here, will be deported.

And yet he still supports it.
https://x.com/WendyENThomas/status/1813168635222835659

Community Notes Wrecks NH Dem's Claim About Project 2025 and JD Vance's Wife
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/07/17/community-notes-wrecks-nh-dems-claim-about-project-2025-and-jd-vances-wife-n2398470
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 12:40:15 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2024, 11:09:43 AM »
But there's a talking point, and I'll bet that I'll hear someone parrot it within a week. Because they are NOT going to go beyond the initial talking point. They are not allowed to think that far, or their peer group will shun them.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2024, 11:12:59 AM »
Oh you already got them going around saying all immigrates will be deported. Some has even gone so far as to say all POC
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2024, 12:14:43 PM »
The Boeing machinists in this area, part of IAM local 751, just voted 99% to authorize a strike.  At the union rally in Seattle, there were lots of signs about how Project 2025 wants to get rid of unions.