Author Topic: Telegram Founder Arrested in Paris  (Read 338 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Telegram Founder Arrested in Paris
« on: August 25, 2024, 09:25:29 AM »
The founder of Telegram has been arrested in Paris. The news stories are interesting, as they are running the gamut of propaganda. The one below makes him out to be a Russian asset, while other stories have the ruskies demanding access to him for interrogation. After reading several stories, I'm of the opinion that this is an EU thing, with the UK playing a big part, and the US a smaller part (we apparently tried to force him to give access to the app for "homeland security" you know... reasons). Basically all the countries that are mad at Telegram are claiming it promotes international criminal activity, but it's much more likely they're mad that it's a safe and secure place for wrongthink.

Also interesting how so many news sites are calling it a Russian app to make it sound bad. Telegram is popular as a secure messaging app all over the world, and I have it because my relatives in Germany use it because it's the most used messaging app there.

https://news.yahoo.com/news/billionaire-founder-telegram-arrested-france-084113004.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
Re: Telegram Founder Arrested in Paris
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 02:46:02 PM »
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2024, 04:11:54 PM »
Well, that dirty traitor Vindman is happy about it, so that tells you just how wrong it is.

https://twitchy.com/gordon-k/2024/08/25/alex-vindman-n2400121

Best comment:

You’re a bad person and your wife is fat.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2024, 04:44:58 PM »
Musk should be nervous.
Yeah I'm sure he's quaking in his boot about what you think

Basically we got governments who want to put the information genie back in the bottle
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi