Author Topic: Anyone but diamond rings on ebay?  (Read 1689 times)

telewinz

• friend
Anyone but diamond rings on ebay?
« on: June 02, 2005, 12:27:48 AM »
I've purchased several men's rings from ebay running from $20 to $54.  They all are 10K gold with small (5-25) diamonds.  Has anyone ever been burnt when buying jewelry from ebay?
Career Corrections

Greg Levy

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 11:59:02 AM »
I was goofing off one day, and placed a bid for a 1.2 Ct Diamond ring.  I actually won, which surprised the heck out of me...paid around $400 for it I think.  Then I realized my wife already has a diamond...what am I gonna do with this??!?!?!?

I was able to sell it to a pawn shop for exaclty what I put into it.  

I have bought rings, earings and bracelets on e-bay, and so far have never been burned.  All in all, it's a very nice service, despite the no-guns allowed bias.

greg

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 01:39:20 PM »
So far I've bought several 10Kt Gold and diamond rings.  .10 to .50 ct diamond weight and the most I've paid is $53.  Course its easy to pay over $1000!
Career Corrections

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 02:39:24 PM »
Never diamonds, but I bought a titanium wedding band for myself, and it is exactly as advertised.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 09:37:46 AM »
I was also curious about e-bay jewelry (stones, to be precise). I'm almost finished with my 20-year-late return to college and want a ring. I can't afford the diamond I want, but my friend's wife suggested moissanite. I've done some checking and it looks like a pretty okay diamond substitute - more fire than a diamond and more durable than a CZ. Anyone bought one of these on e-bay?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 12:13:21 AM »
If you have $50 to spend I wait and keep searching ebay for a diamond ring.  Within a week something WILL show up in your price range.  Within the past 6 weeks I've paid as low as $15 for a 10K solid gold and diamond ring!
Career Corrections