Author Topic: Scenario....  (Read 1671 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Scenario....
« on: June 21, 2007, 02:10:19 AM »
You're walking down the street, minding your own business, maybe daydreaming about the latest zombie apocalypse, turn a corner, and walk into this...

http://www.break.com/pictures/jun20gal40.html

Which way will the jury vote?

Blog under construction

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: Scenario....
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 02:14:30 AM »
Gahhh!!! shocked Whoa... undecided Dude... cool
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 04:03:37 AM »
Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.PING!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 04:05:43 AM »
I worked late last night.  WEnt to bed about 3:30.  I am now WIDE awake!  I may not sleep again until next week.

South of the Mason-Dixon Line down to water, and west of the piedmont (excluding Cook County) to at least the Eastern Slope, most juries would invite you to the church BBQ.

Personally, I would have shot the creature.  Props to you for getting in close and beating it to death.  Those lumps you inflicted are impressive. grin

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 04:54:53 AM »
I've never understood people who self-mutilate.  That one defies all understanding.
What is he trying to accomplish?  Some of the things, like the lumps, look like they have been surgically implanted with some precision.  I don't see any scarring.  Are there doctors who will do that?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

client32

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 05:09:57 AM »
I've never understood people who self-mutilate.  That one defies all understanding.
What is he trying to accomplish?  Some of the things, like the lumps, look like they have been surgically implanted with some precision.  I don't see any scarring.  Are there doctors who will do that?
I read or saw something on tv about people wanting "horns."  The process was interesting, but sounded painful.  IIRC they plant a shaped piece of coral (or something) in your head and the theory is that it calcifies to your skull and the skin grows over it.

Then a quick google search turned up this.  Anyone think that could be the same guy?
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

jselvy

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 05:10:32 AM »
Provided it is non-aggressive, I don't think it would be a clean shoot. Unless of course it was hunting season and you had the tags for whatever it is. What is it anyway?

Jefferson

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
"Why can't I find a good job?"
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 05:13:58 AM »
Kill it before it breeds.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 05:52:49 AM »
Hum...

something tells me that I should probably wait and open this at home instead of work...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 06:18:34 AM »
here his mate:

http://www.camdenguide.co.uk/news/bodmod.htm
Some people think that these freaks suffer the pain of their modifications for reasons of mental illness, self-hatred, traumatic past childhood experiences or just to seek attention. Certainly there is the shock value but most of them want to express a more profound meaning. In an era with fast changing technology, heavy influences of media, medical revolution and changing social values, body-modifiers say what they do is simply an evolution and an inevitable progression in ways of expressing themselves.

Ami, 33, is heavily pierced and tattooed. She works as a tattooist in Brighton. She has sixteen piercings - including flesh tunnels. But she is also one of the few people who has undertaken a further step into body modification. She has three transdermal implants on her forehead and applied horns on two of them. The implants are a disc under the skin with a connection through the skin which the horns can be attached to - almost like 'popper studs' on clothes.

For her it is a symbol of aesthetics and her chosen way of expressing herself. On the other hand, it reflects her interest into tribalism, Wicca and a spiritual way of going back to the primitive human consciousness as well as being close to nature.

You might wonder why this expresses closeness to nature. But the decoration of bodies dates far back to early African and American tribes, where it was an expression of social status and sexuality. Ami said, that she is half Indian but never met her father. She felt that she is now discovering a part of her life, which she didnt know - the culture of India.

The implants were made in Finland by Samppa, a well-known experienced piercer. Whilst the implants were done, she had a local anaesthetic and a professional doctor was assisting. The skin layer has been separated and the jewellery pushed through three holes made for each piece. The procedure took one and a half hour and would cost average £100 per implant.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 11:02:38 AM »
Would be kinda fun to get some moose horns tho...

Blog under construction

Paddy

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 11:06:44 AM »
that creeps me out {{{shudder}}}  shocked 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 12:45:09 PM »
Quote from: Jack Handy
Most people don't realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 01:13:34 PM »

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 01:17:17 PM »
The break.com link takes me to a picture of a frozen car.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 01:20:39 PM »
The break.com link takes me to a picture of a frozen car.

Hit the "previous picture" arrow
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

The Viking

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 01:31:56 PM »
I've understood that some doctors will do it, but some who wants it take on a more hands-on approach, and do it to themselves. I've seen people who voluntarily amputated limbs and digits, using chisels, saws etc...

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 04:28:44 PM »
Shoot it! For God's sake, kill it now!

Man, people who do that are freaks

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 04:38:43 PM »

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Brad

I know what you mean man.
A moose bit my sister once.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 05:38:06 PM »
Is that from MP & The Holy Grail? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 08:06:09 PM »
For her it is a symbol of aesthetics

I never realized "hideous" was an aesthetic.

If these people had only been introduced to shooting at a young age, they never would have had to resort to these lengths to entertain themselves.

Oh, and do a search for the woman who is "growing" a tail.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 11:01:04 PM »
Saw that and the first thing I thought of, no joke, was Zorbo from Futurama.  undecided grin
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 04:19:05 AM »
Did they watch this movie too many times as a child, I wonder?  shocked