Author Topic: Somebody's gonna get sued  (Read 2614 times)

J.J.

• Just your average
  • friend
Somebody's gonna get sued
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 07:08:10 PM »
That is what NOT to do when you get pulled over.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 07:23:23 PM »
Where is Veneral now?  After about the fifth 'Get out or I am tasering you', I think she would have gotten the idea.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

larry_minn

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 07:30:19 PM »
If this is vidio I think it is (dial up takes 20 min to download stuff Sad  )  
  When I saw it I was wishing he kept shocking her.  "Miss. Please give me your DL"  ....."If you don't give me your DL I will tase your"....... JOLT/SCREAM she hands him expired DL.  Same for get out of car, stand up, put hands behind back  "Please put hands behind back......Put them behind your back or I will tase you"   SCREAM/jolt  hands go behind back.   I wonder if she could be trained to follow simple orders before batteries run dead?   Smiley

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 04:55:59 AM »
So this is a problem that started only after tazers were issued?  What would have been done BT (before tazers) or BP (before pepper)?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 07:12:29 AM »
How common is the screaming?

I've never been tasered, but I have been hit with a stun gun.  It sucks, but not as much as a  broken nose.

Is it a chick thing?

owen

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 07:41:13 AM »
I believe it was more of a 'my entire family has a problem with the police' thing.

client32

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 08:45:24 AM »
Quote from: owen
How common is the screaming?

I've never been tasered, but I have been hit with a stun gun.  It sucks, but not as much as a  broken nose.

Is it a chick thing?

owen
One of our local reporters did a story on tasers.  She is about 5 foot nothing and I can't imagine her weighing over 125lbs.  (I have never meet or seen her in person so take my guesses as just that)  The officer she was interviewing commented that all officers have to feel the results of the taser and conviced her to try it out.  The room they did it in was lined with pads (including floor) and she had two officers behind her ready to catch.

It did make her legs get weak.  She wasn't going to just crash to the ground, but I doubt she would have been able to remain standing.  She made a noise when the voltage was turned on.  Maybe bested described as a very short low volumed squel.  I don't know, but it wasn't anything like the above video.

She described the sensation after that, but I don't remember her description, other than her saying it was disabling.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 12:13:57 PM »
After listening to five minutes of the worst acting job ever, I rewound the video just so I could see her get tazed again Smiley

"Ma'am, please put the phone down"
"No, I'm CAAAAAAALLING somebody!"

*sigh*

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 12:42:42 PM »
Is it wrong to laugh?

Chris

vernal45

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 01:01:45 PM »
FROM jefnvk:  " Where is Veneral now?"

I am here.  I hope that was a typo, its Vernal, not veneral.  Nice to know you attack the person, not the arguement.  Yes, in this instance, the police were wrong.  What would they have done without the taser?  Tasers are being used way, way too much as a COMPLIANCE tool.  I think tasers should be removed from police departments.  Houston PD is investigation several taser incidents, where the person tased was tased for verbal aggression.  Think about that.  A cop pulls you over, or asks you for id.  You get pissed, or say something that the officer does not like, zap.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 01:09:41 PM »
She didn't just mouth off, she refused to obey an order ("put down the phone) and took a swing at the officer (according to the video).

She was aksing for it.

Chris

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 01:37:50 PM »
Definitely a typo.

But what was the other choices?  Let her go?  Don't think so, after driving on a suspended license.  Pepper spray?  What if she was asthamatic, or had allergies?  Force her out?  Bones break easy.  Hope she complied?  Doesn't appear to be that way.

Somehow, some force is going to have to be used if the person doesn't cooperate.  All force involves some risk.  As one person mentioned, broken noses hurt.  Hurt a lot more than a few minuets of tingling and numbness.  Pepper spray and eyes burning for a while?  Don't sound like fun either.  I'd personally take the taser.  Actually, I'd probably comply, and avoid pain all together.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 01:28:39 AM »
"And this year's Oscar for 'Best Actess in a Melodrama' goes to..."

rolleyes
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 02:30:17 PM »
Oh my god.  I had to unload my revolver just so I wouldn't blow my computer away to shut this drama queen up.  
"Oh my god oh my god oh my heart!"