Author Topic: How to teach the true nature of government  (Read 1441 times)

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
How to teach the true nature of government
« on: June 07, 2005, 11:41:50 AM »
Read here:

http://guns.connect.fi/gow/ideas.html

A little twisted, but fine reading.

A small excerpt:
When your child is a little older, you can teach him about our Tax System in a way that is easy to grasp and will allow him to understand the benefits. Offer him, say, $10 to mow the lawn. When he has mowed it and asks to be paid, withhold $5 and explain that this is an Income Tax. Give $1 of this to his younger brother, who has done nothing to deserve it, and tell him that this is "fair" because the younger brother "needs money too". Also, explain that you need the other $4 yourself to cover the administrative costs of dividing the money and for various other things you need.
Hi.

RaggedClaws

• friend
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 04:12:57 AM »
Ban any cutlery from your home and make your son eat with his fingers. If he asks why, remind him of the youth who stabbed a cat to death last week with a fork. Explain that if just one cat is saved by the banning of cutlery, then this prohibition will be justified. If he protests, question him closely about why he is intending to kill innocent cats, or accuse him of being a cat hater.
cheesy I love it!

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 01:15:11 PM »
I just wait till my kids start bringing up something silly like "I'd sell gas for $.25."

So you'd buy it for $1.50 and sell it for $.25?

Well, no. Ok, but I'd sell it for what I had to pay for it.

Really? You're going to sit there all day long and sell people cheap gas without getting paid? You're going to pay for the pumps and building, too? That's pretty darned generous.

Well, no. I wouldn't do that.

Welcome to Capitalism, my child. Smiley

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 09:00:32 PM »
Only two comments? C'mon, how can you not find that darkly humorous?
Hi.