Author Topic: CCW lists Exposed!  (Read 893 times)

learn2shoot

CCW lists Exposed!
« on: July 06, 2007, 08:17:23 AM »
This was originally posted on another site where I use the same moniker, but wanted additional input.

Over the last few months/years I have seen a number of reporters who have taken it upon themselves to "expose" CCW holders.  Most people here have similiar thoughts that this puts gun owners (including cops and victims) at risk.

I have a plan... This plan includes starting a website devoted to leaking the personal information of reporters who publish lists either in print or on-line. It would be wrong of me not to allow a reporter to have their information removable. If a reporter published an apology, admit it was wrong(and why) and remove the offending information the reporter's information would be removed as well.

I want to make future reporters think twice before publishing similiar lists.

In addition to reporter information... The website would have personal stroies about people who had negative outcomes come from these printed lists. Such as a retired cop who had an old collar show up at his door. These would provide real world examples that criminals using these lists are not just conjecture.  (also remove a reporter's defense shoud they ever get sued)

Also it would include lists of pending legislation in various states. The information stated above would be evidence for changing laws in states.

As this is open for discussion please let me know if you have any other ideas. The more I think about this the more it seems like it can be used for good. My goal is not just to be vindictive.

Before I do this I wanted to get some feedback and thoughts from others... Also a possible domain name however I am not thrilled with any of the domains below.

www.CCW-Privacy.com
www.concealedmeansconcealed.com
www.dangerousjournalism.com
www.JournalistsHomeAddresses.com
www.anonymousccw.com

Barbara

Re: CCW lists Exposed!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 03:27:51 PM »
I don't have any opinions about the site, but I'd be glad to help dig up information on your intended featured web guests.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 09:41:42 AM »

Just a tactics suggestion, but I'd recommend going for the "fair play" aspect moreso than revenge. 

Be straight forward that you think posting people's personal information is not good.  However, you feel even worse that someone is profitting from making other people uncomfortable and putting them at risk.  Plus, the reporter obviously has no problem with publically disclosing personal information, so you think it's only fitting to let the reporter have a deeper insight into what his/her actions feel like.  Meantion that every single person on the CCW list is guarenteed not to be a criminal.  So why is this reporter trying to hurt so many people that haven't done anything wrong.

Is FairPlayForCCW dot whatever taken?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 06:48:16 AM »

Just a tactics suggestion, but I'd recommend going for the "fair play" aspect moreso than revenge. 

Be straight forward that you think posting people's personal information is not good.  However, you feel even worse that someone is profitting from making other people uncomfortable and putting them at risk.  Plus, the reporter obviously has no problem with publically disclosing personal information, so you think it's only fitting to let the reporter have a deeper insight into what his/her actions feel like.  Meantion that every single person on the CCW list is guarenteed not to be a criminal.  So why is this reporter trying to hurt so many people that haven't done anything wrong.

Is FairPlayForCCW dot whatever taken?

+1
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

learn2shoot

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:59:20 AM »
fairplayforCCW.Huh? is not bad, but it's not catchy enough. 

Also I kind of want to stay away from "CCW" because some states don't have CCW they have CHP or CHL or CWL. 

mountainclmbr

• friend
  • Sunset, Casa Mountainclmbr
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 03:39:45 PM »
How about "TurnaboutIsFairPlay.com".

I like the concept.
Just say no to Obama, Osama and Chelsea's mama.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 03:40:12 AM »
If you're into research, I'd suggest you check to see whether the reporter, editor, or anyone else at the paper has a criminal record, outstanding warrants, tax liens, unpaid child support, DUIs, etc.

Publishing that information might get their attention.  grin
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 05:58:16 AM »
If you're into research, I'd suggest you check to see whether the reporter, editor, or anyone else at the paper has a criminal record, outstanding warrants, tax liens, unpaid child support, DUIs, etc.

Publishing that information might get their attention.  grin

Where would one even find that kind of information?  Courthouse?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 08:28:29 AM »

Where would one even find that kind of information?  Courthouse?

This is the internet.  You can find anything.    grin

Na, seriously, all that info is online and you can buy an extensive amount of information for cheap on anyone.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.