Author Topic: Help with vacation ideas  (Read 1229 times)

Norton

• friend
Help with vacation ideas
« on: June 07, 2005, 02:49:28 PM »
As usual, the wife and I looked at each other last night and realized that her week off is coming up in two weeks and we have no idea where to go.

We probably would like to stick to a driving trip somewhere here in the east.  Don't really go for the big crowd places......we went to Maine on a whim a couple summers ago and liked it a lot.

Hit me with your favorite places to visit for a relaxing sort of week off from home

TarpleyG

• friend
Help with vacation ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 03:42:03 PM »
How about the Outer Banks?  Never been there but we have friends that have a house there and have heard great stuff about the area.  It's off (hurricane) season right now so rates should be lower.

Greg

mtnbkr

• friend
Help with vacation ideas
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 03:48:19 PM »
It's off season in OBX right now?  I believe the "season" runs from just before Memorial Day to just after Labor Day.  At least that was the case last time I looked at house rentals.

Otherwise, great suggestion.  The crowds aren't bad yet and the weather is nice and warm.

Chris

grampster

• friend
Help with vacation ideas
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 04:47:09 PM »
Get ahold of my good friends Harry and Berny in Cape May.  I guarantee you'll have the time of your life.  Contact Berny at Banyanbabe@snip.net or Webstersuites@snip.net.  It's a great town at the shore.  Berny and Harry operate an inn in Cape May called the Thomas Webster House.  Tell em Dicky Doo sent ya.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TarpleyG

• friend
Help with vacation ideas
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 03:25:12 AM »
It's off season in OBX right now?  I believe the "season" runs from just before Memorial Day to just after Labor Day.  At least that was the case last time I looked at house rentals.
You might be right.  I was basing my suggestion off Florida's off season which is "off" primarily because of hurricane/TS considerations.

Greg