Author Topic: I wonder if it'll flavor the meat?AKA,who wants to french a cow & find out?  (Read 1034 times)

onions!

From the BBC...

Garlic 'may cut cow flatulence'
Scientists in Wales tackling the impact flatulent cows and sheep have on global warming may have an answer - putting garlic in their food.
Experts claim cows are responsible for about 3% of Britain's greenhouse gases.

But initial results from the start of the three-year study show that feed containing garlic could cut the amount of gas produced by up to 50%.

The Aberystwyth research team is testing if this taints milk or meat - and gives the animals bad breath.

The study is being led by scientists at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, alongside colleagues at Bangor and Reading universities.

In Aberystwyth, researchers are measuring the amount of methane and nitrogen produced by sheep by housing them in a plastic portable tent.

Project leader Professor Jamie Newbold said new types of feed from plant extracts, and grass with a higher sugar content, were being developed to help solve the problem.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
I don't know about cows, but it doesn't work on humans.  Trust me.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
French a cow?  That image is painful, just painful.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

doczinn

• friend
Hmmmm... feed them barbecue sauce?
D. R. ZINN

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
...why would I run away from a cow?
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Experts claim cows are responsible for about 3% of Britain's greenhouse gases.

But initial results from the start of the three-year study show that feed containing garlic could cut the amount of gas produced by up to 50%.
So research money is being poured into something that *might* reduce the already-debunked "greenhouse gases" by what translates into 1.5%?

And they still haven't found a cure for smoking...
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
French a cow?  That image is painful, just painful.

That would be one large tongue to trade spit with.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
why not just add some sodium bicarbonate to the feed?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
why not just add some sodium bicarbonate to the feed?

I'm not sure that would work, but I see your point.  You can bet that whatever solution they find for this non-existent "problem", it will be selected on the basis of complexity and expense.  The more expensive and complex, the better the solution in their eyes.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

JonnyB

• friend
Have you ever eaten beef in a German (in Germany!) restaurant? Those I visited served the beef with garlic butter melting on top. Yum!

Garlic and beef go together wonderfully. Now, had they decided to feed the cattle cinnamon, or something like that, there may be a problem.

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!