Author Topic: Terrorist and Suspicious Activity Map  (Read 1053 times)

mountainclmbr

• friend
  • Sunset, Casa Mountainclmbr
Terrorist and Suspicious Activity Map
« on: July 12, 2007, 09:09:32 AM »

Interesting map of recent events. The map updates every 360 seconds and has information on listed events. A lot is going on in the Phillipines that is not making the news here.

http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php
Just say no to Obama, Osama and Chelsea's mama.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Terrorist and Suspicious Activity Map
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:10:27 AM »
Why is there a high alert icon right over my desk?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mountainclmbr

• friend
  • Sunset, Casa Mountainclmbr
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 09:25:41 AM »
I would move the desk a little.

Reminds me of something that happened when I used to work on missile design. The safety dept for the company I worked for were reevaluating the site safety plans and found that my desk (right in the corner against the outside wall) was just inside the blast radius of a Patriot missile warhead storage bunker. They moved a filing cabinet there (so no one could stand in that spot) and moved my desk about 4 feet to the right. But you could park your car or walk much closer to the storage bunker than where my desk was. I felt much better knowing that any accidental explosion would have a blast that stopped right at the filing cabinet!
Just say no to Obama, Osama and Chelsea's mama.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 09:27:09 AM »
The map updates every 360 seconds

Now why couldn't they just say "Updates every 6 minutes"?  Jeez...

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
I had no idea whatsoever that there were that many "suspicious object" evacuations.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 11:37:55 AM »
That's because here in the US, if someone leaves a package or a backpack sitting, and wanders off, someone just steals it...

Blog under construction

crt360

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 03:07:25 PM »
That's because here in the US, if someone leaves a package or a backpack sitting, and wanders off, someone just steals it...

Isn't that the truth.

If you filled a cardboard box with stuff that looked like explosives, wrote "BOMB" on the outside and left it on the sidewalk around here, there's a very good chance someone would walk off with it before it was reported to the police (especially if it had visible copper wiring).  You couldn't even hide it in a trash can.  Someone would dig it out and haul it away in their personal shopping cart.
For entertainment purposes only.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 03:16:31 PM »

In the P.I. its said that thieves there can steal your radio and leave the music.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 08:26:05 AM »
Lol there is a Radiation warning sign over Niger (Kidnapped Uranium plant worker).
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!