Author Topic: Was it one of you guys who ebayed the haunted teddy bear?  (Read 2107 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Was it one of you guys who ebayed the haunted teddy bear?
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:32:30 AM »
I remember some stuff around that, and I'm just kinda wondering how it all worked out...

Blog under construction

Marnoot

• friend

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Was it one of you guys who ebayed the haunted teddy bear?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 11:45:32 AM »
Well, gee... That sorta takes the fun outta it...

Blog under construction

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 11:51:30 AM »
I once saw a seemingly possessed 1980's Teddy Ruxpin at a yard sale. It was pretty freaky...had a short or something, so its eyes rolled back in its head, and it was speaking in tongues.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 04:17:17 PM »
What creeped me out about Blackburn's bear is that he said it felt like it had grown some sort of skeletal system underneath it's fur...
I remember feeling something similar...at least something hard underneath my own long lost teddy bear.
Very odd.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 04:20:37 PM »
What creeped me out about Blackburn's bear is that he said it felt like it had grown some sort of skeletal system underneath it's fur...
I remember feeling something similar...at least something hard underneath my own long lost teddy bear.
Very odd.

Probably just the polyester filling becoming lumpy and compacted over time. I know that happened to my favorite stuffed animal when I was a kid, and it felt like it had something inside of it.
Andy

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 04:42:26 PM »
Did I also mention the black stuff coming out of it that looked vaguely like dismembered and crushed bug parts/organs?
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 04:55:57 PM »
Did I also mention the black stuff coming out of it that looked vaguely like dismembered and crushed bug parts/organs?

Now it's getting weird.  shocked
Andy

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 03:25:04 AM »
yea....come to think of it.
Where IS that bear.
if I find out my grandmother took it upon herself to give it to my sisters or something I'll be pissed.
Get so sick of other people volunteering my stuff...

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 10:12:16 AM »
I remember some stuff around that, and I'm just kinda wondering how it all worked out...

I had something happen to me that was similiar.  I have a deep seated pathological fear of furby's.  So my parents bought me one for Christmas.  I could FEEL the evil coming out of the damn thing.  So Christmas night, I'm sleeping over at my parents place.  I wake up for no apparent reason.  The freakin Furby is facing out the window at the moon.  I swear to the Gods I'm not making this up.  He opens his eyes a couple seconds after I jolt awake and starts laughing.  Pure evil laughter.   

I'd had artillery rounds that landed short that frightened me less than that stuffed animal. 

I ripped out the batteries and locked it in a small handgun safe.  Put weights on top of the safe.  Tried to sleep again.  Didn't do a good job.  Next day called up some buddies.  We held a summery field trial for the Furby, convicted it of crimes against humanity, and called a firing squad.  Blind folded the furby, gave it a last cigarette, and opened fire.  So it does prove the old theory, enough buckshot will take down an evil demonic entity. 

Sprayed the remains with a bit of holy water, smoked with sage (ol pagan trick to sanctify something), and then burned the remains with a LOT of gasoline.  I did take photos of the execution.  I'm sure I'll find them someday when I really go through my stuff.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 10:23:26 AM »
Disney briefly had a series of Pooh toys that had aural positioning sensors to let them turn their head to face the child who was speaking.

Someone had several of them on in a store.

Nothing can quite creep you out like a line of glassy-eyed, smiling stuffed bears slowly turning their heads to look at you.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 11:07:30 AM »
  So it does prove the old theory, enough buckshot will take down an evil demonic entity. 

If you don't mind, this is my new sig line Smiley

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 01:53:48 PM »
I hope that this season of Supernatural will include an episode about a demonic teddy bear.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

Strings

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 02:19:23 PM »
Ya know, we could run a whole LOT of magical/supernatural theory based on a theme of haunted/possessed stuffed animals...

Of course, we could just as easily run a long psychological analysis of folk who believe they've HAD possessed/haunted stuffed animals...

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 08:35:22 PM »
Of course, we could just as easily run a long psychological analysis of folk who believe they've HAD possessed/haunted stuffed animals...

Uhm.  You might want to rethink that last.  Do you really want a deep long look into my mind?  Last shrink that tried was led off sobbing.  I admit, it did make me giggle a bit... 

Also, I am not alone in believing Furbies are evil incarnate.  The NSA specifically banned them from any sensitive areas.  It's now a federal crime to help the Evil Ones infiltrate sensitive government facilities.  As it should be.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Strings

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 09:39:14 PM »
>Uhm.  You might want to rethink that last.  Do you really want a deep long look into my mind?<

Oh, c'mon Rev: your mind is like an open book. And blank pages never really bothered me... Tongue

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 09:12:41 AM »
Also, I am not alone in believing Furbies are evil incarnate.  The NSA specifically banned them from any sensitive areas.  It's now a federal crime to help the Evil Ones infiltrate sensitive government facilities.  As it should be.

smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 10:58:53 AM »
>Uhm.  You might want to rethink that last.  Do you really want a deep long look into my mind?<

Oh, c'mon Rev: your mind is like an open book. And blank pages never really bothered me... Tongue

Hey, I'll have you know....   Uh...   Darn it.  Touche.    grin

Hazzard

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 05:38:13 PM »
The #1 son decided that he wanted a furby when he was 17. A couple of freinds had them and he thought it would be cool to have one too. He found one at a yard sale and bought it. About 2 to 3 weeks later I was in the kitchen making a sandwich when here comes the son very deliberatly and throws his furby in the garbage, Ties up the bag, and takes the garbage to the curb (without being asked, I might add). I didn't think much about it at the time, but did ask him about a week or so later why he had thrown it away. My son, who can't say three words without making everyone around him laugh, turned very serious and said "It scared me dad. I really don't want to talk about it." and left the room. To this day he still won't talk about what happened.

client32

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 02:58:57 AM »

If memory serves,  he had to post it 3-4 time because ebay kept pulling auction.  Apparently you are not allowed to sell something that can not be seen.  He edited his description a couple of times and finally got one to stick.

The first auction got up past near $3000. He finally sold it to someone in Japan for around $300.
The first auction was great.  The comments section was priceless.  One guy gave a story about his ex-girlfriend cheating on him, and asked if it could be shipped to her.  Later, after the auction got to high for him, there were donation and other bidders willing to buy it to send to his ex-girlfriend.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 07:08:12 AM »
The #1 son decided that he wanted a furby when he was 17. A couple of freinds had them and he thought it would be cool to have one too. He found one at a yard sale and bought it. About 2 to 3 weeks later I was in the kitchen making a sandwich when here comes the son very deliberatly and throws his furby in the garbage, Ties up the bag, and takes the garbage to the curb (without being asked, I might add). I didn't think much about it at the time, but did ask him about a week or so later why he had thrown it away. My son, who can't say three words without making everyone around him laugh, turned very serious and said "It scared me dad. I really don't want to talk about it." and left the room. To this day he still won't talk about what happened.

Please let him know that in the future, if he has a Furby issue, it can be resolved.  Just need plenty of 12 guage shells.  I recommend buck shot single ought.  However I've heard positive feedback on the application of double ought buckshot or Dragon's Breath.