Author Topic: Not many postings to this board  (Read 931 times)

Paddy

Not many postings to this board
« on: July 13, 2007, 07:13:31 PM »
And who are all these 'guests'?  Paranoid schizophrenics? When I look at 'who's online', everbody's 'viewing' something or other.   Don't you people have any opinions?  Or are you too freaking timid to post?   Or are you just voyeur pervs?

Talk to me

Paddy

Re: Not many postings to this board
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 07:21:10 PM »
Like right now, right at this minute, we've got 13 'guests', all looking at old threads.  What gives?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 07:45:57 PM »
Riley, after a while, it's pretty hard to come up with something new.

Check my lastest posts, for example. Pretty thin.

I suspect most people are having fun. Why aren't we?

Vile Nylons

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 04:41:11 AM »
I'm trying to decide whether I'm a schizo or a voyeur perve. I'm going back and forth so suppose I'm the former, but deep down in my heart I kinda like the latter.  grin

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 05:01:04 AM »
Why not go for broke and be a schizo voyeur perv?Wink
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 05:15:47 AM »
Like right now, right at this minute, we've got 13 'guests', all looking at old threads.  What gives?

They could be spiders shifting through our posts to index them in search engines.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 05:25:24 AM »
It could be members who just connect to check for updates to threads they've been following.

But if you want to see more posts RileyMc, I could start blabbering about goings on in my HOA (current issues of contention include noise from the local bar, garages, dog droppings on patios and what to do about the fences around individual patios).  I could also add in observations about the power struggles in felines I live with.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Paddy

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 05:47:06 AM »

They could be spiders shifting through our posts to index them in search engines.
That's interesting. Is that some sort of 'bot'?  How do they work?

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 06:56:40 AM »
That's interesting. Is that some sort of 'bot'?  How do they work?

Yep, they're bots.  Essentially they're a program that fetches pages, indexes them somehow, then looks through them for links to other pages, which it then fetches as well based on it's internal rules.

They're called spiders because they 'crawl' through the world-wide 'web'.

It works a lot like a web mirroring program.  I have one, I could punch the homepage of this site into it, and I'd end up with a fairly useable offline copy to browse.

Vile Nylons

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 07:05:37 AM »
A serious response to this is that often threads are pretty well talked through. There is enough intellect here that in a page or two there is little left to add, other than just blather. I am also here to listen and learn to others views rather than to impose mine.  I have enough battles in my real life so that I do not wish to skirmish here.   Besides I'm a newbie in a strange land. Best to reconnoiter first, more out of respect than anything else.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 08:31:23 AM »
And who are all these 'guests'?  Paranoid schizophrenics? When I look at 'who's online', everbody's 'viewing' something or other.   Don't you people have any opinions?  Or are you too freaking timid to post?   Or are you just voyeur pervs?

Talk to me

I don't register or post on every board I visit. I like to take a car for a test drive before I start writing checks.

Besides, why would voyeur pervs want to come here?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 09:51:40 AM »
Besides, why would voyeur pervs want to come here?

To gaze on the wonder that is my avatar?  Hint:  He's not wearing any pants.  Wink

bunni

• imfdb.org
    • Internet Movie Firearms Database
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 06:07:31 AM »

It could be people getting to the site from google searches that lead them to old threads... just a guess...