Author Topic: Pregnancy control idea.  (Read 647 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Pregnancy control idea.
« on: July 16, 2007, 05:49:45 AM »
OK, this is far-fetched and waaaaayyy too "1984" and Big Brother to actually be put into place, but read it anyway.  grin

A friend of mine had this idea for a way to reduce unwanted pregnancies. 

Sometime after birth, but before puberty, every person has installed a switch that controls the reproductive organs.  Turn the switch on to enable the ability to reproduce.  Turn it off to disable reproduction.  Sexual function is not changed, only the ability to reproduce is disabled.

When a man and a woman are gettin' jiggy with it, one of them will always be able to prevent a pregnancy regardless of the other's intentions/responsibility/motives/forgetfulness.

Those that like to sleep around can safety-wire the switch into the "off" position to prevent mishaps. 

Now that that problem is solved, I'm off to fix the bad drivers of the world.  I'll start in Texas.  grin
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Re: Pregnancy control idea.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 07:05:50 AM »
hmm, no.
I'll pass on implants for myself and my kids, thanks.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 07:31:42 AM »
I've told my fiancee 'wouldn't it be nice if there was just a switch somewhere?'.

I'm personally surprised there isn't hormonal birth control for males. Our only choice is to get snipped.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 07:57:46 AM »
That would be a cool idea.

Well, that and a little light-thingie in the palm of your hand that goes dark up when you reach age 30...   grin
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 11:46:23 AM »
I had a vasectomy in the 1980's. An option at that time was to have tiny valves installed on the tubes (forget what they're called) that deliver the sperm.

Of course, turning the valves off or on wouldn't be something that could be done at home. It would require a doctor's office visit.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 01:16:20 PM »
G98,

Good idea.  You know, that might even make a good movie.  grin
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Strings

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 01:17:56 PM »
G98: that would only be cool if we had the ladies running around in almost nothing... Wink

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »
I agree.

Heck, I liked the outfits in Logan's Run, but also liked the ones in Gene Roddenberry's Genesis II, with Mariette Hartley as the leading lady.

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 04:22:31 PM »
The BCG's the Air Force used to issue were pretty good at preventing pregnancies. grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G