Author Topic: razor blades in the sandbox! how low can they go?  (Read 1640 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
razor blades in the sandbox! how low can they go?
« on: July 26, 2007, 01:06:12 AM »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/07/25/state/n101150D88.DTL

LA deputies warn of razor blades found in Lennox park sandbox

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Razor and box cutter blades were planted in the sandbox of a park near Los Angeles International Airport in an apparent attempt to hurt children, sheriff's investigators said.

No children have been hurt, but deputies issued warnings that blades and other sharp objects have been uncovered in the sand by Lennox Park workers cleaning the sandbox in the past three weeks.

The blades were discovered below slides, swings and other sandbox playground equipment, sheriff's Lt. Dominic Valencia said Tuesday.

Fliers in English and Spanish were circulated last week about the potential danger.

"It's an advisory to tell people to be careful when you are at this particular park and to contact us when they have any information," Valencia said.

Patrols have been stepped up by deputies and county park police officers.

There have been similar incidents in recent years.

Two years ago in Newport Beach, X-acto knife blades were found in a park after a 5-year-old boy's foot was cut.

In 2003, a 24-year-old woman was sentenced to five years in prison after pleading guilty to putting razor blades, broken glass and nails in eight Orange County area parks.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

BakerMikeRomeo

Re: razor blades in the sandbox! how low can they go?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 02:22:54 AM »
I totally thought "sandbox" meant "the US's AOs in the Middle East", and compared to IEDs and sniping, I thought a little nonconsensual shaving was actually pretty tame. laugh

~BakerMike

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 03:48:15 AM »
Sickos have been around for a long time . . . when I was a youngster, I remember warnings of razor blades and sewing needles being found in Halloween treats. (General consensus then was when found, the scumbags who did this ought to be force-fed what they were passing out . . .)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 06:01:29 AM »
What's next: background checks to purchase razor blades ?   rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »
That would be a "reasonable first step", don't you agree? rolleyes

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 06:19:44 PM »
For the Children
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 03:38:09 AM »
It's only a little more cruel then the teenagers who smash Bud bottles at my local swimming hole.  I'd like to catch them in the act.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 05:14:28 PM »
night vision goggles, baseball bat, coffee, and patience.   Would go along way to solve that problem.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 08:35:28 PM »
razor blades in the sandbox! how low can they go?
Pretty sad, when you think about what sand does to a blade's edge.   smiley

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 04:12:15 AM »
Razorblades in the sand is crossing the line. 

When I was in elementary school, I remember going outside for recess one time and finding Playboy magazine pages scattered inside the jungle gym. 

Even better, we headed for the sandbox one day and found several cans of beer buried.

Both incidents created a panic among the school staff, but we thought it was funny as hell, and nobody was harmed.

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 10:24:32 PM »
This is worse than some whackjob filling chicken with poison in the Portland, OR area and leaving it at dog parks.  I can't believe anyone would actually do this, that's pretty bad. 

Hope that karma comes around that the guilty party meets an untimely demise in front of a bus or the like.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul