Author Topic: It's Not Sexual Assault If She's Dead  (Read 2948 times)

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
It's Not Sexual Assault If She's Dead
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:10:28 AM »
Well, at least in Wisconsin...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070726/ap_on_fe_st/grave_robbers;_ylt=ArzjyZLsu95L2BDELWH1xCMsQE4F

Accused grave robbers dodge sex charges
By RYAN J. FOLEY, Associated Press WriterThu Jul 26, 7:08 PM ET
Three men who dug up a young woman's corpse to have sex with it after seeing her obituary photo cannot be charged with attempted sexual assault because Wisconsin has no law against necrophilia, an appeals court ruled Thursday.
A judge was correct to dismiss the charges against twin brothers Nicholas and Alexander Grunke and Dustin Radke, all 21, because lawmakers never intended to criminalize sex with a corpse, the District 4 Court of Appeals said in a 3-0 ruling.
The three men went to a cemetery in Cassville in southwestern Wisconsin on Sept. 2 to remove the body of Laura Tennessen, 20, who had been killed the week before in a motorcycle crash.
The men used shovels to reach her grave. They abandoned their plan and were eventually arrested after a vehicle drove into the cemetery and reported suspicious behavior, authorities said.
They said the men had seen an obituary of Tennessen with her photo and wanted to dig up her body to have sexual intercourse. Such an act is known as necrophilia.
The men were charged with attempted third-degree sexual assault and misdemeanor attempted theft charges. But Grant County Circuit Judge George Curry dismissed the sexual assault charges in September, saying no Wisconsin law addressed necrophilia. Prosecutors appealed his ruling.
At issue is a provision in the sexual assault law saying criminal penalties apply "whether a victim is dead or alive at the time of the sexual contact or sexual intercourse."
The appeals court said the law was ambiguous but the most reasonable interpretation was that it does not ban necrophilia. Instead, the court said, the law was meant to make sure prosecutors could bring sexual assault charges in rape-murder cases in which the victim ends up dead.
Outrage over the case might soon change the law.
Sen. Dale Schultz, R-Richland Center, introduced legislation Wednesday that would make having sex with a corpse a felony with punishment of up to 6 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. The bill would levy the same penalties against anyone who intentionally disturbs a burial site or a buried human corpse.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: It's Not Sexual Assault If She's Dead
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 02:28:49 AM »
him

her
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 02:57:32 AM »
I'm possibly the most perverted person I know, and I'm not even sure I can find words for such an act.  It won't be long before this trio is arrested for abusing children or raping women.  Too bad they can't be taken off the street now.....time to close that necrophilia loophole!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 03:07:22 AM »
This is, without a doubt, the creepiest thing I have ever seen in my life.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 03:42:37 AM »
its a corpse.

most states have laws dealing with desecration of a corpse. leave it at that.

bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

The Viking

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 03:43:16 AM »
If I remember correctly, there was a necrophiliac woman on a swedish forum I used to post at. She was corresponding with the resident Satanist. They would've made a lovely couple. He even got a few small human bones from her collection cheesy. She always said she wanted to meet him IRL. That made both him and her the butt of many jokes cheesy. "Watch out Caine, I think she wants to kill you and then have sex with you!"  cheesy.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 04:14:14 AM »
I am trying to imagine the conversation that started this plan.

#1   "Hey bro, check out this babe.  I really would like to tap that."

#2   "Hey dude, she is way out of your league."

#3    "Hey she is dead."

#1     "So."

#2 & 3   "Hmmmmmm."

All   "Where can we find a shovel?"
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

The Viking

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 04:55:59 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks the guy looks like some kind of undead? shocked cheesy
Now...what caliber for the undead?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 05:02:11 AM »
I don't care, any way you put it, its just f-ing wrong what those little bastards did.

Need to get laid by a hot looking woman, far easier to grab some cash and go visit a brothel in Nevada.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 08:09:37 AM »
I could insert the appropriate (or inappropriate) Cheesehead joke here, but I'm feeling nice today!!  grin
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 09:28:13 AM »
Thor, there ain't no new Cheesehead jokes to be had.

Not after Ed Gein.

The judge, in that case was a family friend.  Judge Robert Gollmar wrote a book about it, it rattled him so badly. 

I have an autographed copy from him.

However, the words of Alice Cooper's "Cold Ethyl" come to mind.  shocked
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 11:38:46 AM »
...Just... No...

dear *expletive deleted*ing god no.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 12:14:34 PM »
...Just... No...

dear *expletive deleted*ing god no.

Necrowned.

~BakerMike

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 12:19:07 PM »
Does the article say where her body is right now? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 12:29:32 PM »
wmenorr67, you beat me to it. I can imagine one sicko getting an idea like this. But three?

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 01:15:18 PM »
The best word I can muster for this situation is "bizarre". 

Sick and twisted are a given, but that can be said of many criminal acts. 

jnojr

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 01:30:53 PM »
Who exactly was harmed here?  Sure, digging up a corpse to git yo freak on with is revolting, but why should someone go to prison for doing it?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 01:51:33 PM »
Who exactly was harmed here?  Sure, digging up a corpse to git yo freak on with is revolting, but why should someone go to prison for doing it?

Are you serious? 

Are you trying to normalize the practice by giving it legitimacy, or vice-versa?

Go dig up the corpse of one of my late family and have your way with them, and you'll wish you were in jail with a boyfriend named Bubba, assuming I don't break off the auger of my gasoline-powered posthole digger in your cornhole first.   

So if people come up with some really ghoulish crap, and do it often enough, perhaps society will accept it as normal and make it perfectly legal...  rolleyes
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 01:55:14 PM »
I usually refrain from getting emotional when it comes to law and order, but I'd say the poor girl's family was emotionally harmed.  I lost my mother in a similarly tragic fashion, and if this had happened to her remains I'd like to see the perpetrators hanged.

At the very least, those demented boys were trespassing and vandalizing property.  (note that I am not calling the girl's body property, rather the grounds of the cemetery, which I am sure they would not have restored to its undisturbed condition).

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 02:04:13 PM »
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 02:54:24 PM »
assuming I don't break off the auger of my gasoline-powered posthole digger in your cornhole first.   

So if people come up with some really ghoulish crap, and do it often enough, perhaps society will accept it as normal and make it perfectly legal..

Wait, Gewehr, what are you trying to legalize, here?  We gotta watch that boy.   cheesy

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 02:59:15 PM »
Who exactly was harmed here? 

Well, everyone involved, really.  There must be laws that govern who has custody of a body, right?  Otherwise, I could walk into morgues and funeral homes, and demand any stranger's body. 

Not that I would do something like that.  Really.  Even if she was really hot. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 03:23:27 PM »
OK, I'm sufficiently creeped out by this thread to really not want to read it.

Now I'm just creeped out and a bit angry, so I'm going to do something that I've not done before -- close a thread for what I believe to be good cause.

Actually, multiple causes - lack of redeeming value, lack of taste, extreme creepiness (and not just at the subject matter, but at some of the posts). That, in my book, is a perfecta.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.