Author Topic: Miss Arab World  (Read 6043 times)

Ron

Re: Miss Arab World
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 02:10:02 PM »
I vote Miss Palestine, then Miss Morocco and finally Miss Iraq.

Beauty contests play to how men and women are wired. That doesn't make it right or wrong, it just plays off of something deep in our genes.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 02:28:39 PM »
I assume they are all married since their faces are uncovered. 

Saudi, parts of Yemen, a lot of Iran, and a lot of Afghanistan, yea.  Things aren't exactly great for women.  Face coverings or burkas aren't common in plenty of other Arab/Muslim countries.  From what I understand, they're exceedingly rare in UAE, Bahrain, Pakistan, and most of the smaller states.  You'd honestly be surprised how liberal quite a few Arab states are if you've never been around the region.  Except for during the civil war and the 2006 War, Beirut puts Vegas to shame in terms of uh 'having a good time'. 

I dare ya to ask a Maronite girl why she's not wearing a burka.  Just please have a camera handy!   grin

Obviously I have to concede the point you are making.  Women do enter these things voluntarily-but that doesn't mean they're entering into a contest that is based on and promotes respect for women's rights. 

I don't think the contests have to be forced to be oppressive or sexist.  But that doesn't mean every contest is sexist either.

The question is choice.  It wouldn't be respectful of women's rights to forcibly shut down such pagents, 'for their own good' either. 

Personally, I don't see the problem.  Every time I've ever gone to the clubs, I've seen the same type of competitions.  Women are naturally competitive when it comes to their peers.  At least that's what I've noticed.  That's the only logical reason I can think of as to why my ex's could take a couple hours dressing up to hit up the clubs.  You don't want to know how many times I've heard complaining of how hard it is to conceal a Baby Eagle .40 cal or a USP compact .45 in a dress. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruifipieggio/sets/72157601054484120/ - Slightly better photos

Hrm.  Personally, toss up between Miss Syria, Egypt, and Lebanon.  I'd have to say Miss Lebanon (green dress) because she looks like nothing but trouble.  And that's the only kind of girl I personally find attractive. 

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Antibubba

• friend
This isn't thread drift, is it?
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 07:44:13 PM »
Ah, but a good brisket is a slice of heaven.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

atomd

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 10:08:58 AM »
Uhhhhh....when did Palestine become a country?

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 10:32:31 PM »
It became a country retroactively as soon as the Jews moved into land nobody wanted anymore.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 10:39:29 PM »
It became a country retroactively as soon as the Jews moved into land nobody wanted anymore.

Huh? You seriously believe that no one wanted that land?

They were just dismantling all the cities and moving out or what? 

Where did you get the information that "nobody wanted the land anymore"?

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Len Budney

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2007, 02:50:19 AM »
Interesting to compare this with western pageants--not for the skin, but for the professionalism. Several of the women are wearing traditional dress tops with bluejeans, and they obviously aren't using a professional makeup/photography team. The winner is shot in unflattering light with a sweaty face, for crying out loud!

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2007, 06:07:17 PM »
Wow... tough crowd.  The three on the left are beautiful. The other two must be very persistent. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2007, 11:38:25 AM »
I vote Miss Palestine, then Miss Morocco and finally Miss Iraq.

I'd vote Miss Iraq first, followed by Miss Palestine.

If anyone offered me an arranged marriage to Miss Kuwait, I'd run away very fast.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bill larry

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2007, 03:36:59 PM »

Umm...these girls are actually pretty hot...

I really think that Ms Iraq, Ms Palestine, and Ms Morocco are a-okay.  grin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2007, 06:30:07 PM »
Umm...these girls are actually pretty hot...
I really think that Ms Iraq, Ms Palestine, and Ms Morocco are a-okay.

Damn straight, buddy grin

I prefer brunettes, so I do like those three...they could stop by my house anytime...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!