Author Topic: Summer pics ..........  (Read 25597 times)

Antibubba

• friend
Summer pics ..........
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2005, 10:19:44 AM »
P95, as this is nominally a gun forum, I'll congratulate you on some very nice pistil pictures! Wink
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

P95Carry

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 10:36:02 AM »
Antibubba - thx petal!! Cheesy

Hahaha - yep, one or two pistils - so I am sorta (slightly) on topic LOL!  May have to 'leaf' doing this for a bit, or 'stem' the flow of non gun pics! OK 'bud'? cheesy

Regarding here as pretty much a place to meet good folks I must admit I am not so ''gun driven'' as ''back home'' on THR!  Love pics too.
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

spinr

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2005, 03:07:07 PM »
How about mountain morning sunrise...

Just some neat clouds...

P95Carry

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2005, 03:16:56 PM »
Spin - beautiful.  As I said earlier - the sky is remarkable in as much as every day it shows something new and unrepeatable.

Many, many years back - I was without camera and saw the most breathtaking sunset of my whole life - it was a Turner painting!  I have regretted missing it ever since.
Chris - P95

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Summer pics ..........
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2005, 05:04:51 AM »

Summer buddies
My boy is on the right.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

P95Carry

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »
Jamis - kids, love em! (sometimes! LOL) - popsicles as ever - a source of much enjoyment!

OK here are a few more to keep things rolling.  First - my ''pet'' frog decided again this morning to be on lily pad guard duty and tho flower was not fully out seemed worth a pic - focus is on frog dude and so flower a tad unsharp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a different theme entirely - Bonnie and I enjoyed a 100 mile plus bike run today - good weather and a great ride out with some good folks.  Before we left I noticed the reflection of our friend's HD showing nicely in the chrome on mine so - a coupla pics.  This one is several reflections.

And here just concentrating on the one, zoomed in tighter.

Chris - P95

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
Summer pics ..........
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2005, 10:33:21 PM »

On Doyle Drive, looking out over the inlet. I need to get a better camera, I love this stuff.

Looking Northeast at the corner of California and Broderick.

My Mom's Pet Bird.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

DigMe

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2005, 06:20:37 AM »
Winston,

Yeah, you should get a better camera!  However, there's a certain artistic "something" that I actually like about the grainy, blur of the second pic especially.  It seems like it fits well somehow.

brad cook

P95Carry

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2005, 08:04:41 AM »
Winston - all things considered those pics really are remarkable.  I agree with Brad on that second one - it has a certain ''feel'' which is quite effective.

My frog decided yet again to give me more opportunities today - this time he was closer to one of the flowers - so, just had to shoot a new pic.!!!

Chris - P95

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Summer pics ..........
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »
Beautiful photos, P95, as always.

I would have been able to post some nifty photos, but my camera was temperarily conviscated by my officers.   Apparently, some gun bunnies got the bright idea to wonder into my perimeter.   (First mistake)  They didn't have night vision goggles, we did.  (Second mistake)  It's a bit embarassing to suddenly realize that you have been surrounded for the last five minutes by the opposition, and they're not amused.

Their commander volunteered to pay a case of beer per head to get his soldiers back.   Gods only know how much those poor soldiers were harassed when they got back to their unit.   Only one thing in this world tastes better than free beer, and that's beer paid for by officers.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

InfidelSerf

• friend
Summer pics ..........
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2005, 05:25:34 PM »
Ok this was many many summers ago.  I only wish I could still fit into those leathers.  Since they still collect dust thanks to my fat thighs and dickydo Smiley
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

P95Carry

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2005, 05:29:09 PM »
Is that bike a big ''Duke''???  

I sweat too much to manage leathers and anyways - I am now of an age for cruisers only - crotch rockets were - well - many moons ago!!! Smiley
Chris - P95

InfidelSerf

• friend
Summer pics ..........
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2005, 05:37:41 PM »
yeah that was on the final week of my 30day tag of my '97 916  
Taken at Rocky Mountain National Park, on my way to Steamboat springs.
Some nice guys on BMWs offered to take the pic for me.

Hey your never too old for a crotch rocket Smiley  I read about a 65yo guy who did the Iron Butt Rally on an old slabside GSXR.  
Now that's tough!
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

P95Carry

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2005, 05:46:18 PM »
65yo guy who did the Iron Butt Rally on an old slabside GSXR
Good for him!!!  Well - I have two probs - first a crappy ol' back and that would have been for me the ''Sore Butt Rally'' LOL!  Second - I smashed my left elbow in 1999 and can no longer ''ride on my wrists'' so - I graciously accept my geriatric status now on my cruiser - suits me!

Actually even my son at the tender age of 28 has gotten rid of his SV650 and has also joined the cruiser ranks! Smiley

Stay safe.
Chris - P95

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Summer pics ..........
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2005, 09:09:35 PM »
Every photo in this thread deserves the adjective "fantabulous."  Reason?  All of them, both singly and in concert, get their point across and do it exceptionally well. Smiley

Something tells me I need to lighten up on the job searching and take a day or two off to get some photoing ( Wink ) done.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

InfidelSerf

• friend
Summer pics ..........
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2005, 05:48:05 AM »
Just a taste of my Sunday.. at Heartland Park Topeka helping my friend (#273)out

BTW P95Carry... most of my pictures from the event ended up a bit darker than expected. I'm assuming it was due to too much light that confused the cameras auto fstop and focus.   Any PS settings I should look at besides playing with the color levels and contrast/brightness settings?
This one only had the RGB levels tweaked

P95Carry

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2005, 06:08:22 AM »
Very nice pic there - obviously a good enough shutter speed.  RGB looks OK re saturation.

I have to always remember how different monitors affect image reproduction but on mine here that pic needs a strong lift for brightness, contrast seeming pretty adequate.  I'd certainly play with it some more.

I just had to meddle - and so this was a strong brightness lift and a small addition of contrast.  Be interested to know if it looks too bright for others - to me it appears about right, as it was obviously a sunny day.

Chris - P95

DigMe

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2005, 06:16:49 AM »
Looks much better.

brad cook

gbelleh

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2005, 06:29:06 AM »
Ok, you guys made me dust off the digital camera and give it a try.  Here's a pic I just took on my porch...

gbelleh

InfidelSerf

• friend
Summer pics ..........
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2005, 07:12:43 AM »
yeah that does look better.  After I sent it I was thinking I should have played with the brightness.. I always worry about having it look too washed out though.
Here is one playing with all the neat filters on PS Smiley

oops after looking at it I realized I should have included the shadow in the selection... oh well I better get the housework done instead.

P95Carry

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2005, 10:21:33 AM »
Haha - let the creative juices flow! Smiley
Chris - P95

wasrjoe

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2005, 11:59:27 AM »
Not a picture taken by me (as I'm the one with my thumbs up!) but still one from the summer and a very enjoyable time -

Disenchanted with the Libertarian party and seeking practical ways to promote personal liberty.

P95Carry

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2005, 12:10:51 PM »
Great pic!  You were obviously well happy with the ''gravity'' of the situation LOL Cheesy

That's what I call freedom Smiley!
Chris - P95

grampster

• friend
Summer pics ..........
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2005, 05:45:23 PM »
Chris,  

Please leave the puns to Peter.Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

P95Carry

Summer pics ..........
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2005, 06:09:51 PM »
Haha - but Peter is my pun mentor donchaknow!  I am still learning - and practicing, always hoping ''the maestro'' will approve! :d
Chris - P95