Author Topic: Frekin Comcast  (Read 1971 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Re: Frekin Comcast
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 07:52:34 AM »
Whats that?  You expect an answer to your question rather than random offshoot threads?  On APS?

Silly n00b!  grin

Without knowing more about the tech, I'd have to say no since on all the digital conversion boxes I've seen do the channel switching at the box. A custom box might be doable, but would probably be costly and violate the terms of service with Comcast. I agree its an annoyance since the one TV I own is an older analog model circa 1989 and I already have a perfectly functional DVR.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 10:23:04 AM »
I see we all missed the questions I had at the bottom of my post. Anyone have any ideas?

And is there any way to turn this digital signal back to an analog one at one location so I can use my tv as it was intended. I hate having the extra remote, I can't use some of the features on my tv etc.

If all else fails can I buy my own boxes? These things are complete pos.

No, you can't turn it back to analog.

As for buying your own box, I don't know if there are black boxes that will descramble digital channels.  There's no legal way to do it.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 11:17:39 AM »
I relay don't care about the legal aspect.  angel For what they charge I will f them over any way i see fit.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »
The digital cable box should have an F connector output on it. Just hook that up and turn off the digital box. or just unplug the coax that goes into the box  and into your TV. You'll lose any digital channels, though.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 03:26:12 PM »
I relay don't care about the legal aspect.  angel For what they charge I will f them over any way i see fit.

I hate to be the one to point this out, but that sounds an awful lot like:
"from each according to his ability to each according to his need"

While I certainly don't condone "fing" any business over, just simply because you don't like the profit margin.
You could just simply drop their service all together and download your tv.

And you are of course using Linux only.   Since Microsoft falls into that category of overpriced goods backed by poor service.
Or better yet you could just blame lawyers.. since they tend to be the underlining cause of nearly all poor service industries.
If not them .. then it's over regulation.  Oh AND blame yourself.  Since it's also consumers fault for not firing them when they dish out bad service in the first place.
Howelse are they going to get the hint.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76