Author Topic: People caught, arrested in really stupid-looking submarine ball in NY Harbor  (Read 6460 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
I haven't heard back from my friends yet but I can't believe TWO different individuals have both made replicas of the turtle, it HAS to be the same ones.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Parker Dean

• friend
Yeah, but if you picture the bridge wings being enclosed on the QM you get a very similar appearance, which suggests they  did try for a retro look to the thing. Of course the QM2 still lacks the elegance of the QM but it is a bit better than most of the floating cubes around today.

Also I'm pretty sure the idea was to "attack" a British ship. I mean there's just no other reason to be there, with that, at that time. Even without the potential terrorist attack perception by observers, being around an operating ship underwater is just damn stupid what with all the suction and discharges from various machinery.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
I haven't heard back from my friends yet but I can't believe TWO different individuals have both made replicas of the turtle, it HAS to be the same ones.

Perhaps they are still in jail for not having running lights on their replica civil war era submarine.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Idiots.

Everybody knows if you're gonna make a run at British ships, you need a German U-Boat, or at the very minimum an Admiral Graf Spree replica.

http://www.bismarck-class.dk/shipmodels/german_models/admiralgrafspeeterra.html
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
from the sound of his flicker image legends, he was bound and determined to harass the QMII

With the object of his obsession looming in the background (Queen Mary II), Duke is dealt the final blow when we are instructed to make way ashore with the egg in tow.

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?

Perhaps they are still in jail for not having running lights on their replica civil war era submarine.
IIRC it was my friends BIL building the thing. I'm still betting it was him, like I said, what are the chances of two people building the same thing like that?

I LOVE that replica battleship, being an old sailor and all...  grin

Avoid cliches like the plague!