Author Topic: Cannibalism on the Job: Bad Idea or Merely Poor Manners?  (Read 2032 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Cannibalism on the Job: Bad Idea or Merely Poor Manners?
« on: June 15, 2005, 09:15:22 AM »
Read it & eat:

http://www.kansas.com/mld/eagle/news/local/8553710.html
Kline alleges filth at abortion clinic

BY DION LEFLER
The Wichita Eagle

TOPEKA - State Attorney General Phill Kline presented materials to legislators Thursday alleging that a Kansas City, Kan., abortion provider operated a dangerously substandard medical facility and even ate fetal tissue.

The allegations about the facilities came during a presentation to the House Committee on Federal and State Affairs.

"It's a place where no woman, no person, should have to undergo a surgical procedure," Kline said.

The allegation that the physician ate fetal tissue was included in written materials that Kline presented to the committee. The report came from a Kansas City police officer; the name of the witness he interviewed was blacked out in documents provided to legislators.

The report, prepared for Kline after officers conducted an investigation of an unrelated theft complaint at the clinic, said officers observed "filthy" conditions in some parts of the facility and blood stains on the floor.

The doctor named in the allegations is Krishna Rajanna, who operates the Affordable Medical and Surgical clinic.

He denied the allegations against him and his clinic, particularly that he consumed fetal tissue.

"That's untrue and a totally, totally made-up story," he said.

Rajanna said he thinks the attorney general was misled. The doctor said he thinks he is the victim of a political smear campaign staged by abortion opponents.

"They've been trying to reduce the number of abortions by doing various things," he said.

Kline, an opponent of abortion, said he thinks conditions at the clinic should prompt both pro-life and pro-choice legislators to agree to pass a stalled bill that would establish strict regulations and inspection requirements for clinics that perform abortions.

He said abortions are an "invasive surgical procedure" and clinics that perform them should have to comply with rules that govern outpatient surgical centers.

At present, abortion clinics fall under rules that apply to doctors' offices, which are largely unregulated.

On Thursday, Rajanna opened his clinic to a reporter from the Associated Press. The wire service said the facility appeared generally clean, but a back room was cluttered.

Kline said he thinks Rajanna had cleaned up the operation since the damaging photos were taken.

The allegations against Rajanna are under investigation by the Kansas Board of Healing Arts. The board can withdraw a physician's license to practice.

Rep. Bill Mason, R-El Dorado, is chairman of the Committee on Federal and State Affairs. He said the report "is one of the most disgusting things I've ever read, if that's true."

He said he expects Kline's presentation will spur tougher regulation of medical offices.

"We do have a real disconnect in the inspection (of abortion clinics) and, I guess, doctor's clinics as well," he said.

© 2004 Wichita Eagle and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.kansas.com
I had a link to a worldnetdaily story ( http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44779 )  similar to the above sent to me via email.  My first reaction was, "Bulls--t, they made it up."  So, I googled it & guess what?  

Not bulls--t (in the sense that the report exists, not that every detail has been declared Holy Writ):
http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/1624086.html
http://www.earnedmedia.org/or0429.htm
http://cjonline.com/stories/061205/kan_abortiondoc.shtml
http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/news/local/11873212.htm

I noticed that most of the straight news outlets didn't include the "keeping fetuses in styro cups, microwaving them, and stirring them into his lunch" bit, while the more opinion-oriented sites had no problem including such bits of (juicy?) detail.

IMHO, it is essentially cannibalism: eating the remianing bits of dead humans.  But, hey, lets be broad-minded*.  

Let us suppose that it is merely "dead human tissue" and not "dead humans."  What is it then? What do you call it? (other than really icky)  If some general surgeon removes grandma's gall bladder and then slaps it on a piece of rye with a bit of swiss cheese and then broils it in the oven until the cheese is melted & the rye is nice & tosty...is there some word that describes that specific act?

Inquiring minds & all.

Have a nice lunch.

---------------------

* Broad Mind: A narrow mind rotated 90 degrees.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 09:35:33 AM »
Hmmm...maybe he was just putting into practice Mr. Swift's Modest Proposal?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Sean Smith

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:41:58 AM »
Let us suppose that it is merely "dead human tissue" and not "dead humans."  What is it then? What do you call it? (other than really icky)  If some general surgeon removes grandma's gall bladder and then slaps it on a piece of rye with a bit of swiss cheese and then broils it in the oven until the cheese is melted & the rye is nice & tosty...is there some word that describes that specific act?
It is cannibalism either way.  You don't have to kill the person you eat a part of to be a cannibal, you just have to eat it.

View #1: the aborted fetus was a human being.  Obviously, eating it is cannibalism.
View #2: the aborted fetus was part of the mother's body.  Still cannibalism.
View #3: the aborted fetus was just inconvenient meat.  But so is an appendix or a back mole.  Still cannibalism if you eat it.

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 10:59:00 AM »
In my cute little niece's voice:

"You're nasty jfruser!"

Greg

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 10:59:24 AM »
Puts new meaning to:  "Tasty Chick"

I suppose that this would put some folks in a quandary.  Most pro choice folks are lothe to admit a fetus is human, so I suppose, to them, fetal material would be a food supplement, not cannabalism.  Maybe "fetal material" will be the next weight loss fad.  "Chocolate Malted baby in the morning, Vanilla malted baby at noon, eat a regular meal for dinner and lose 20 lbs a month"
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 11:14:01 PM »
There are places in this world where the placenta is still considered a delicacy...

This does sound like the kind of stuff that extremists make up to put forth an agenda, that doesnt mean it isnt true though.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 11:44:16 PM »
I have a hard time believing the allegations are true also.

Like the poster before me said- extremists.

Extremist anti-abortion person- look at them savages that kill fetuses, they love doing it so much that they eat them too.

Abortionist- If this filthy substandard clinic went out of business, women will resort to having abortions in back alleys with a straightened clotheshanger.

Cannibalism at the abortion clinic? Drinking on the job at the sperm bank? I can't decide which is worse.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 06:53:12 AM »
TarpleyG:
In my cute little niece's voice:

"You're nasty jfruser!"

Greg
I know how I feel about abortion and cannibalism in general as well as this particular instance.  I decided to put on my tightest-fitting "Hey, let's not be judgemental" beanie and put the quention out there.  As stated above, some folks eat placentas (I would have to pass.  Thank you,  no).  If someone's view was that the human fetus is just a bit of tissue with no humanity and can be aborted...why then can it not be consumed as in the case of the placenta?  Or processed with other animal pieces/parts and turned into animal feed?  Protein is protein, after all.  

The pragmatic answer to the above is not satisfying (morally speaking).
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton