Author Topic: the iPhone unlocked, multiservice  (Read 885 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: the iPhone unlocked, multiservice
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 05:22:09 PM »
It's still a 2G phone.

I'll wait for a 3G version that uses something other than AT&T (f-you, now pay your bill) before being interested.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 08:22:41 PM »
And it's still GSM-only.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

atomd

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 06:34:26 AM »
I don't know much about cellular phones but I've seen a lot of talk about that video being faked. I wouldn't be surprised since people made videos like that to get people to take apart and break other electronics in the past. I'm sure there is a way to actually do that but I'm skeptical about that video. Besides that, Apple stinks.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 06:37:39 AM »
There is a big write up on Foxnews.com about it also.  Just right now the only way to do it is to "rewire" it.  Soon someone will figure out how to do it just with a software fix.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!