Author Topic: Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question  (Read 5315 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question
« on: August 26, 2007, 08:15:23 AM »
When in doubt, talk about Africa and Iraq.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 08:18:57 AM »
Wow.

I wonder if she can find the U.S.  And I don't mean on a map. rolleyes
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 08:21:07 AM »
She should be a politician. grin

" I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so, because, uh, some ... people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and ... I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, ... should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future... for us."

"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 08:36:43 AM »
Somewhere the Souf Cackalacky Chamber of Commerce is having a collective cry and scream festival.

"Noooo, we're the New South.  We've changed!"

grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 08:43:10 AM »
Come on, guys, she's beautiful and she's blond.

What are you expecting, a nookulur siuntist?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 08:44:10 AM »
The ability to string together a real sentence, and perhaps even loosely address the question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 09:01:08 AM »
But she does have a point.  I personally believe it's quite difficult to locate the US on a map if you don't have a map on which to locate it and such as...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 10:12:30 AM »
Thats a future S. Carolina Democratic Senator right there.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 11:12:36 AM »
I need a shower in an astringent, just in case the stoopid she has is catching.

She sure is easy on the eyes, but hard on the ears.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

illinoisdeerhunter

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 11:40:16 AM »
All I can say is-----OMG!!!!!!! 

I AM a HS social science teacher, history though, not geography.  Evenso, every one of her teachers should be totally ashamed of themselves and that kind of an answer.  Poor child.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 11:59:39 AM »
She sure is easy on the eyes, but hard on the ears.

Nah.  Bottle blond and too much makeup.  All show and no go.  All flash but no bang.

But since you think she's attractive... Nice cage, no bird.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 01:02:39 PM »
Evenso, every one of her teachers should be totally ashamed of themselves and that kind of an answer.  Poor child.

I don't think that kind of stupid can be imparted.  She was born with it. 

illinoisdeerhunter

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 01:39:20 PM »
Evenso, every one of her teachers should be totally ashamed of themselves and that kind of an answer.  Poor child.

I don't think that kind of stupid can be imparted.  She was born with it. 

It just goes to show---NCLB is a joke.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 02:52:14 PM »
This should not be a surprise to anyone.  She had to work at being that stupid.  Being stupid is, as it has been for a long time, hip, in that age group.  Learning is not fashionable.
I graduated HS in 1974, and remembering some of my classmates, they were the same way.  They had the basic equipment to absorb the education being offered, but they chose not to.  In other words, their brain cells were functional, they just chose not to use them.
The folks that chose to learn what was offered were, as often as not, ostracized and made fun of.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Rocketman56

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 03:58:05 PM »
I graduated HS in 1974, and remembering some of my classmates, they were the same way.  They had the basic equipment to absorb the education being offered, but they chose not to.  In other words, their brain cells were functional, they just chose not to use them.
The folks that chose to learn what was offered were, as often as not, ostracized and made fun of. Rocketman

Well said, and ditto for me including year!!..  Graduating class of 105 .. Sigh...

Steve

(Forgot to mention the year..)
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ad astra per aspera
"through the thorns to the stars"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 09:01:39 PM »
But she was RIGHT!  How can U.S. Americans locate the U.S. on a map if they don't have maps?  Our children need maps!  We must raise taxes.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 09:12:17 PM »
A better answer is that too many schools worry about history of other countries, which isn't a bad thing, but ignore US history and geology.  Which is a bad thing.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 12:32:56 AM »
I have to give you guys props because I didn't understand a dang thing she said.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 01:58:09 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII
This may help

It has subtitles

She would make quite the spokes model for this program:

http://www.mywonderfulworld.org/

AGE: 17 | HEIGHT: 5'9 | HAIR COLOR: Blonde | EYE COLOR: Hazel
Lexington, South Carolina

Caitlin Upton is a 17-year-old senior at Lexington High School.  Caitlin values her faith, family and friends.  She is actively involved in her school, as well as in the community.  Her interest and talents include: sports, graphic design, professional modeling and community service.  First of all, Caitlin is an athlete and is active in club and varsity soccer.  She has been starting player for the high school varsity soccer team the past four years.  During the summer of 2007, Caitlin traveled with her elite soccer team to Germany.  While there, her team placed second in a tournament involving several European countries.  One of Caitlins life goals is to follow a healthy lifestyle, and to always remain physically active.  Secondly, Caitlin is a talented artist with a focus in the area of graphic design.  She has received Star Student awards in both Photoshop and Advertising Design.  She holds a student government office as President of Skills USA.  Her career goals include earning a four-year Graphic Design degree.  Ultimately Caitlin aspires to create special effects for television and movies.  In addition to sports and art, Caitlin has been successful as a professional model with advertisement appearances in national magazines including: Seventeen, Cosmo Girl and American Cheerleader.  She has modeled for Wrangler, Soffe and Nautica.  One of her dreams is to make it into the European modeling market which would offer her once in a lifetime experiences.  Lastly, and most importantly, Caitlin has become increasingly involved in community service.  Volunteer activities she is involved in include making monthly meals for Sistercare, an organization for abused woman and their children.  Caitlin has discovered the joy of serving others.  Her primary goal as Miss SC Teen USA 2007 will be making appearances and developing action plans to involve teen in community service.

http://www.misssouthcarolinausa.com/aboutteentitleholder.html
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 03:26:31 AM »
The Copernican Revolution has not reached France.

U.S. Americans, right now South Africans are cursing us because we cannot help them.  If only we could locate ourselves.

*Post 6000!*

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 07:27:02 AM »
These contests are quite the work of dysfunction.  I have a neice that was in several beauty pageants in her late teens.  My wife and her mom and her all trekked down to Palm Springs for some runoff of the Ms. Teen USA.   My wife came back reporting the most competitive, backstabbiness people she'd ever met.  All that high maintenance, everyone drives a gas hog Hummer, look down your nose at the world stuff to the extreme.

At least the Miss America from Portland can articulate well enough to do car ads now. laugh

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

Paddy

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 08:34:55 AM »
Sheesh.  How much sense did any of y'all have when you were 17?

Besides, when you look as good as she does, you don't have to be smart.  laugh

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 08:39:46 AM »
I had a hell of a lot more sense than that.  I could even string together a complete sentence.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 08:45:12 AM »
I had a hell of a lot more sense than that.  I could even string together a complete sentence.

+1

It makes it hard for these pagents to say it is more than about beauty when you have contestants like this.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 08:54:56 AM »
This should not be a surprise to anyone.  She had to work at being that stupid.  Being stupid is, as it has been for a long time, hip, in that age group.  Learning is not fashionable...The folks that chose to learn what was offered were, as often as not, ostracized and made fun of.

Not in any of the schools I went to.  The folks who were ostracized or made fun of where the ones who either had poor social skills or were out of the norm for one reason or another.  That included smart and not-so-smart folks. 

I graduated HS in 91.

Chris