Author Topic: Windows XP N  (Read 2133 times)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Windows XP N
« on: June 24, 2005, 10:50:31 AM »
Can someone tell me the logic in the EU forcing Microsoft to release an OS without a media player?  It isn't like they are prohibiting you from downloading another one that you like.  It isn't like Linux distros and OS X don't come with media players preinstalled.  Is it just a ploy to make money?  Judging from the article, it doesn't seem that anyone wants it.  Just another example of a gov't forcing something on a population that couildn't care less.

It seems a lot to me like the EU telling GM that they can't install radios in the factory, because then consumers won't have to go out and pick out a radio, potentially a competitiors, and put it in their car.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/ptech/06/24/microsoft.windows.n.ap/index.html
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

mtnbkr

• friend
Windows XP N
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 03:03:38 PM »
Sour grapes because the EU hasn't had a viable, home grown computer platform since the Acorn, if then.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Windows XP N
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 08:58:03 PM »
Acorn was viable?

Yeah, right. Smiley
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
Windows XP N
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 03:23:49 AM »
I did add the qualifier "if then". Smiley

Chris

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
Windows XP N
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 10:55:35 PM »
Maybe somebody 'over there' has a homegrown medial player in the works in an EU country.

Me, I'm still waiting on someone to crack the algorithm on XP registration keys.  I bought a copy of it last year to stick on the 'pooter I built for the oldest Incubus and his S.O. and I swear I won't buy it again.

Besides, W2K Pro doesn't crash nearly as often Cheesy

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein