Author Topic: The ultimate baked potato?  (Read 8052 times)

cosine

• Administrator
Re: The ultimate baked potato?
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2007, 09:07:14 AM »
I even like butterbeans.

Chris

Here too.
Andy

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2007, 09:08:26 AM »
I even like butterbeans.

I made a big pot of them (baby limas, actually, but it's the same stuff) last night with corn and some smoked pork thrown in. Sopped up the pot 'likker' with fresh cornbread.  grin Good stuff.

Ditto on Brussels Sprouts. I love cabbage, but Brussels Sprouts have a special place with other vegetables I hate (asparagus, beets, squash).

I like baked potatoes with a some grated sharp cheddar and a dab of HOT green chile sour cream.

"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2007, 09:30:19 AM »
Gotta agree with Gewehr about Brussel Sprouts.  I like most vegetables cooked in a variety of ways, but I can't stand those tiny cabbages of death.  I even like butterbeans.

Chris

You know, I just don't understand this...

You "point" madly whenever collard greens are mentioned, yet you don't like sprouts.

Hell, you don't like beets, and you hate peas.

Are you some kind of commie or something?  laugh
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Chuck Dye

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2007, 11:20:09 PM »
Trivia remembered from Genetics 101:  a significant portion of the population is unable to taste the primary flavor elements of cabbage family veggies and thus get the full unmasked effect of the underlying sulfur compounds.

[liberal apologist's voice]It's not your fault![/liberal apologist's voice]

I concur on the grilled asparagus, recommend wrapping them in prosciutto and having some balsamic vinegar to apply drop by drop.

Sweet potatoes, Mike?  Try Jamaican style:  peel and cube to bite size, simmer in coconut milk, sprinkle with cayenne pepper to taste.