Author Topic: Are the conservatives as self righteous as the liberals?  (Read 5283 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Are the conservatives as self righteous as the liberals?
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »

Absolutely. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 07:43:27 PM »
If fistful and Rush and Hannity are any indication, conservatives are waaaaaayyyy more self righteous.

Riley, you beat me to it. grin
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 07:47:09 PM »
I will take any opportunity to be primus inter pares with Rush and Hannity, at least in Riley's mind.  Though Hannity's a moron, it's a compliment when Riley says it.   grin
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 07:04:30 AM »
I think self-righteousness is a HUMAN trait, most common in those who think they have a moral or intellectual superiority.
Those who bother to draw attention to their superiority are generally those who can be quickly labeled as "liberal" or "conservative".
Also, those who bandy around terms "liberal" or "conservative" are generally not doing so as a term of endearment, thus placing themselves in "superiority".

We can speak in general terms, as the original question is posed, and my answer is "Yes"
And, regrettably, as we speak of more specific subclasses within the two original genera, I still say "Yes".

Perhaps a more telling question is "What are some of the characteristics of self righteous people?"
We then can categorize those characteristics as liberal or conservative traits, and after a significant sample, draw conclusions....

Soakers, intellectually bored.
7-11 was a part time job.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 09:52:49 AM »
If you want to see some leftist comedy that's a little disturbing, go look at some of their sites for the reaction to the OBL tape.

They're of course blaming the right for the fact that their pet philosphies have appeal to one of the world's worst murderers, but they shouldn't be surprised, being that every leftist dictator of the 20th century used them as useful idiots in exactly the same way.

What truly disturbs me are the ones who are now outright voicing that OBL is somehow not as bad as Bush, Hallburton, et all.

THAT sort is why we need to be armed. It's only one step beyond that to recruitment to radical extremism.

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 04:14:02 PM »
Are the conservatives as self righteous as the liberals?

Think you're really righteous? Think you're pure in heart?
Well, I know I'm a million times as humble as thou art!

~WeirdAl