Author Topic: Amazing truck crash photos spark Web debate  (Read 9119 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Amazing truck crash photos spark Web debate
« on: September 06, 2007, 07:27:14 PM »
Looks like these aren't doctored. I'm guessing the driver found religion soon afterwards.

---------------------------------
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/06/utah.crash/index.html

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Paddy

Re: Amazing truck crash photos spark Web debate
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »
I.don't.really.get.it.  The guy crashed his truck.......and.......Huh??

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 07:53:55 PM »
It smashed through a guard rail doing around 70mph, flipped across the road, and landed on its wheels a few feet from that drop off.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Paddy

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 07:57:52 PM »
OK.  Divine Intervention.  God wants him to do something.  He'd better get with it.

Creeping Incrementalism

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 04:12:56 PM »
Reminds me of this freeway collapse from the Northridge Earthquake in 1994.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 04:46:17 PM »
I'll bet the pucker factor in that pickup truck crash was so high, that guy probably had to have the seat surgically removed from his a$$!

Reminds me of this freeway collapse from the Northridge Earthquake in 1994.

I remember seeing some coverage of that quake. Some news bimbo was standing on an overpass near the point where it had collapsed, and near the edge of the pavement was a police motorcycle, crashed, lying on it's side. No cop anywhere to be seen and no mention at all of the cop. I'm screaming at the bimbo "Where the he!! is the frakkin cop!?" About two hours later, some Einstein finally figured out cops don't usually park their bikes like that.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Creeping Incrementalism

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 05:08:37 PM »
I remember that particular incident.  That morning, the station I was watching, the first thing they mentioned when showing footage of the overpass was that the quake had struck at night and a CHP officer had gone off a collapsed freeway and died.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 06:23:53 PM »
Both photos are pucker-inducing.

Creeping Incrementalism:
Your avatar...

Are you wearing a chef's hat or an elongated tinfoil hat?  I get what either of those might mean.  If it is a tinfoil chef's hat, I'll admit I haven't a freaking clue, as that just went off the righthand side of my "Wierd-o-Meter."

Or, is it something else, entirely?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 02:18:50 AM »
Read the article.  The "web debate" is from people claiming its photoshopped or otherwise faked. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 08:17:48 AM »
Everything is photoshopped these days.

That picture of the seal hunter that Jamis uses for his avatar?

That's actually a picture of him beating his kids creatively photoshopped...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 10:08:47 AM »
The "web debate" is from people claiming its photoshopped or otherwise faked. 

Yeah, but unless more info has been released, at the time I read it, the major sites like Snopes were calling it genuine.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 10:13:19 AM »

Yeah, but unless more info has been released, at the time I read it, the major sites like Snopes were calling it genuine.

And the article from CNN quotes the police in Utah that it is real, too. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 10:15:57 AM »

Yes, and the cops in the story are calling it real also.
Stranger things have happened.

Although, the fact that so many people are debating whether or not it is real says a lot about how computers have changed peoples perception of reality.

Anyone remember the movie "Looker"?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 11:02:50 AM »
I don't see any indication it was faked.  The sun and shadows appear consistent.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 11:10:59 AM »
Although, the fact that so many people are debating whether or not it is real says a lot about how computers have changed peoples perception of reality.

Yup. Saw that debate on that "High School Dance" or whatever it's called girl. Nude picture that almost everyone was saying was Photoshopped, with many detailed technical explanations as to why it was fake, then she comes out and says it's genuine. Oops.