Author Topic: Study: Network morning programs show heavy bias toward Democrats  (Read 877 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Study: Network morning programs show heavy bias toward Democrats
« on: September 08, 2007, 03:38:40 PM »
Surprise, surprise, surprise, and the are trying to pass the "Fairness Doctrine" on the talk radio people because they are biased.  This is just one of the many reasons I don't watch these jokers.

Study: Network morning programs show heavy bias toward Democrats
Chad Groening and Jody Brown
OneNewsNow.com
http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/09/study_network_morning_programs.php

A media watchdog organization says while the liberal media's biased coverage of presidential campaigns is nothing new, a recent study has revealed numbers that were quite astounding.

The Media Research Center (MRC) has released a report called "Rise and Shine on Democrats" which documents the coverage of more than 500 campaign segments aired this year on ABC's Good Morning America, CBS's The Early Show, and NBC's Today. Summarizing its findings, MRC says the three morning shows are "dramatically tilting" their coverage of the 2008 presidential campaign in favor of the Democratic Party.

The study found that from January 1 through July 31, those programs offered nearly twice as much coverage of the Democrats (55% to 29%), were three times as likely to have a Democratic candidate as a on-air guest, and confronted both parties with what MRC describes as "an overwhelmingly liberal agenda." In addition, media favorite Al Gore -- an undeclared liberal candidate -- garnered more stories than either officially announced GOP candidates Rudy Giuliani or Mitt Romney.

Tim Graham, director of media analysis at MRC, says while a liberal bias in the coverage of presidential campaigns is nothing new, the results of the study still surprised him. "I think we were surprised at the idea that the Democrats were getting twice as much time as the Republican candidates for president on these morning shows," says Graham.

"We have certainly noticed on a day-in, day-out basis a lot more negativity toward the Republicans and whether they were going to succeed -- and a lot more hype for the Democrats ...," he adds.

Negativity? Hype? "All the Republican candidates have gotten negative coverage," Graham explains. "While the Democrats are [described] using terms like 'white hot,' [these same programs say] McCain is falling apart, Giuliani has a messy private life, Mitt Romney is a Mormon, and even today Fred Thompson is slow to get in the race." In addition, notes MRC, Senator Hillary Clinton (D-New York) is cast as "unbeatable" and Senator Barak Obama (D-Illinois) is labeled as a "rock star."

MRC president Brent Bozell says in a press release that the results of the study show "pure partisanship" on the part of ABC, CBS, and NBC; and not only are the network morning shows "overwhelmingly focused" on Democrats, they are "actively promoting the Democrats' liberal agenda," he states.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Study: Network morning programs show heavy bias toward Democrats
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 03:46:15 PM »
They needed a study? Heck, I've known it for years...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 04:15:05 PM »
Coming up:
Sun Rises In The East, and
Inhaling Sulphuric Acid Is Bad For You.

Geez, what a big duh.  Last time I watched some network news or other the anchor was blathering about the total disregard the president has for the American People.
And they wonder why they are losing market share and viewership.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 04:24:24 PM »
Mainstream media headline articles sound more and more like something out of "The Onion" than actual news.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 05:52:27 PM »
Mainstream media headline articles sound more and more like something out of "The Onion" than actual news.

And don't forget, there are the occasional Onion articles that sure as heck sound like real news...

Depressing, isn't it?
Andy

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 06:00:25 PM »
Who'se trying to push the fairness doctrine?
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Paddy

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 09:38:22 PM »
Who cares?  I'm drinking coffee and snortin' coke in the morning, not watching TV.