Author Topic: Black Tuesday  (Read 4506 times)

Leatherneck

• friend
Black Tuesday
« on: September 11, 2007, 04:34:32 AM »
Six years ago this very hour, four Islamic sociopaths commandeered American Airlines Flight 77 and slammed it into the very spaces Im sitting in, obliterating and ultimately incinerating them. One hundred eighty-nine friends, coworkers and passengers died, and countless more were physically and mentally harmed. The carnage to the North was on a grander scale, but no more audacious.

The world shifted on its axis that day, and life in America changed forever.

NEVER FORGET.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
Re: Black Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 04:35:57 AM »
....bows head for a moment of silence.....
One day at a time.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 05:01:09 AM »
....bows head for a moment of silence.....
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 05:04:41 AM »
NEVER FORGET.

I'm sorry to say it, but America forgot a long time ago. We've done precisely nothing about Islamic terrorist savagry.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 05:27:39 AM »
We're still killin 'em, SW. Give it time...

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 05:31:51 AM »
We're still killin 'em, SW. Give it time...

TC

I just wish this one was dead six years ago. Graphically.

Also, while some have not forgotten, others have revised.

Here's the plaque in front of the WTC girders on display at the NJ Liberty Science Museum.

Events. Not attack. So is Pearl Harbor an "incident" now? Tongue Love the choice of words. Can't offend anyone!

280plus

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 06:17:34 AM »
I like that he dyed his beard, he looks much younger now...  rolleyes

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 06:32:22 AM »
I think that he dyed his beard in order to cover up his failing health. The last video, he looked as if he was on Death's doorstep. Now, he appears somewhat healthier.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 06:54:14 AM »
a Multimedia tribute I made to the hospice at Ground Zero

http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0209/st_pauls/online_extra.html
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 07:33:54 AM »
S.W. some may have forgotten but the multi-millions of my brothers and sister in arms sure the hell have not forgot and we are doing whatever we can to prevent this type of attack to ever happen again.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 07:37:01 AM »
You Betcha, wmennor67; and we're behind you 100%

TC
TC
RT Refugee

280plus

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 08:13:04 AM »
Damn straight we are!  grin

Euclidean

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 08:55:10 AM »
No, never forget.

My younger siblings were still schoolchildren when the attack happened.  My sister watched it live on television.  I was actually commuting when it happened, and a voice came on the radio and all the man said was "Something has happened in New York, we'll get back to you as we get more information."

I felt sick.

I went to class, with the most hard ass professor on campus as our lecturer, the one who held above all that his class was more important to you than family, health or life itself, and we ended class 18 minutes early, the only time that's ever happened.  No one in the room knew, but it was a silent gathering.

That's when I noticed, seeing the throngs of humanity milling about, that something was wrong.  I tried to find a television, and it didn't take long.

Pushing past scores of people, I saw it for the first time.  The guy beside me was eating the remains of seven chicken nuggets in a foil wrapper with a honey mustard dipping sauce.  He had black hair and was wearing dark jeans and a black and white checkered button up shirt.

I could describe just as vividly the floor, ceiling, and plants in the foyer, and the other people watching with me.  It was a Sony brand television.  But most clearly of all, I remember seeing the smoking wreckage on the screen.

It's like it happened yesterday.  That six years have passed is unbelievable.

What am I doing today in commemoration?

Some years ago those siblings I mentioned speculated that 9/11 would become a national day of mourning, when schools would shut down and people would stay home all day.

My father said no, on every September 11th, we're going to do what we would have done anyway, only with more resolve, vigor, and purpose than ever before.  It is for that reason that the efforts of those hijackers will mean nothing other than a group of fanatics murdered countless people.  That is the ultimate defiance, and retaliation.  You can destroy a building, but you cannot dent the steel beams of American resolve.  We will laugh at your pathetic and cowardly attack, scorch you from the face of the earth, and return with an even bigger building.

I say we rebuild the WTC exactly as it was, only 1 floor taller, just out of spite.

No, never forget.  Business as usual today.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 02:30:46 PM »
I sorta lost it at the ceremony today. I was standing at the back when the Army bugler started Taps. Taps does it to me. I retreated and bumped into Officer James of the Pentagon cop shop. We've known each other for years. He said "Are you OK?" I said, through gritted teeth, "I'm fine." He said "C'mon Boy, hold it together."  I just went away and wept in private. It pisses me off when I show such weakness, and I re-dedicated myself to doing my little part to help the fighters in this long-term war. God bless you all.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

SomeKid

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 02:48:36 PM »
I don't mourn the dead, I simply hope every day for justice. I wish we could slaughter the terrorists faster.

Edited to be more PC. Fistful, thanks for the PMs. I just wanted to think it over a bit before I changed it.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »
I don't mourn the dead, I simply hope every day for justice. I wish we could slaughter the muslim slime faster.
You know the guy who hosts this site for us is Muslim, right?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 05:01:04 PM »
I PM'ed Somekid, and got a reply.  I don't think he realizes how such comments have been perceived here, recently.   undecided
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 06:01:31 PM »
Got ticked off this morning. On the way home, some radio talk show yahoo asked a guy how he felt today. The guy replied he felt the same way today that he did 6 years ago. The talking head said if anyone feels that way, they have a mental problem.
Well, count me among the mental. It didn't take long for that talk show host, and others like him, to fall back asleep. I know of feisty old widows who have neither forgotten or forgiven Pearl Harbor, let alone 9/11.
I know I tend to hold grudges. But dammit, some grudges are worth holding.
My thoughts and heartfelt appreciation go out to those at home & abroad doing what needs to be done.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

grampster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 06:34:13 PM »
I'm pissed off today.  I was pissed off yesterday and the day before that and the day before that and.....since 9-11-01.  I haven't forgotten.  I won't ever forget.

What does make me feel good are the grand and wonderful young people who have stepped forward along with the grizzled lifer troops and guardsmen who have stood tall and fierce for me and mine.  OOORRAH!

To those brother and sister Americans who embarrass themselves, embarrass our country, say and do despicable things in the name of "freedom of speech" that put our warriors and our citizens in harms way for reasons that are foolhardy, selfish, or downright ignorant, supported and furthered by media types who use their bully pulpit to further a know nothing political point of view, I take advantage of my freedom of speech by saying, KISS MY ass.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 06:47:46 PM »
Today, the media didn't put the story on the front page. There were, at least in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, a couple of small stories on the inside of the main section about 9/11.

What struck me first was the paper's description of the 9/11 attack: the worst terrorist attack on US soil in history.

Sorry, but the Journal Sentinel got it wrong. This was the worst attack on US soil of any kind in history.

But now it's neatly put behind us. It's just another part of the war against terrorism, that war that everyone opposes.

Don't worry, it won't happen again.

Paddy

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 06:58:33 PM »
But now it's neatly put behind us. It's just another part of the war against terrorism, that war that everyone opposes.

Don't worry, it won't happen again.

It will certainly happen again.  High government officials have told us so.  And to assure that recurrence, those same high government officials have failed to take the most rudimentary steps to prevent another attack.  They've failed to deport foreign nationals here illegally.  They've failed to provide even adequate border security. They've failed to act militarily against two prime suspects-Saudi Arabia and Iran-instead, they choose to dick around in Iraq under the 'democratization' pretense.

Maybe the next administration will take the bull by the horns.  Maybe not.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 07:05:34 PM »
I am going to agree with Monkeyleg and say that it won't happen again on that scale.

We have crippled them enough and have them occupied enough in Afghanistan and Iraq that a large scale attack is not going to be possible.

There may be a few instances of "minor" bombings like we have seen in Europe but the intell community WILL NOT let something like 9/11 happen again.  The information that was learned after going back and reviewing what went wrong has been instrumental in stopping the attacks that have been stopped since.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 07:19:01 PM »
"I am going to agree with Monkeyleg and say that it won't happen again on that scale."

That's not what I said. I believe that we'll see more attacks, and that they may be on a larger scale. Or maybe not. We can only hope and pray.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 07:28:39 PM »
Sorry I misunderstood your statement Monkeyleg. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 07:29:25 PM »
I, for one, will not tolerate Leatherneck's fear-mongering.  Terrorism is just a bogie-man used by the right wing to keep us all in fear, persuading us to surrender more rights to George Bush's Dick Cheney's Israel's lust for power.  Three thousand people died, but that's nothing to worry about, really.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife