Author Topic: Black Tuesday  (Read 4505 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Black Tuesday
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 07:42:52 PM »
I am going to agree with Monkeyleg and say that it won't happen again on that scale.

We have crippled them enough and have them occupied enough in Afghanistan and Iraq that a large scale attack is not going to be possible.

Give me 20 committed martyrs, and I can bring a large city to its knees. Give me a hundred, and I could shut down this country's business, and crash the stock market 5,000 points...

They'll do something - we just haven't seen it yet. They didn't buy or build a cruise missile - they stole four.

Blog under construction

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 07:46:22 PM »
Can we please not turn this into a Bush/Cheney/Hillary/Obama/Democrat/Republican/Iraq/Afghanistan/Homeland Security/Patriot Act thread?

Can we just please just say that it happened, and that we pray for the families of those who died, and hope that we never see such a tragedy again?

9/11/2001 was a day to be remembered, just as was 12/07/1941 and other historic dates. But we shouldn't remember them as dates, but rather turning points in our country's history. And we should also remember those who died.

"Give me 20 committed martyrs, and I can bring a large city to its knees. Give me a hundred, and I could shut down this country's business, and crash the stock market 5,000 points...
They'll do something - we just haven't seen it yet. They didn't buy or build a cruise missile - they stole four."

That sort of talk could land you at Gitmo. Wink

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 07:51:31 PM »
Monkeyleg, I'm with you there.  I remember those who died, I remember where I was that day.  I pray for their families.  But I didn't go around in fear today, in fact, it was just another day.  I also avoided political debates, which is odd for me Smiley

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 07:59:27 PM »
I wish we could slaughter the terrorists faster.

Word, yo. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 11:37:21 PM »
I'm with Riley, this has turned into a political game, not a comittment to right any wrongs.  If there was actual comittment, we'd be done over there by now. This has outlasted WWII. 

http://www.t-shirthumor.com/Merchant2/products/dwap.html?Category_Code=poli

this shirt says it all.

And everyone keeps arguing there is no "bigger plan" or "conspiracy"  going on when we have the best trained and equipped military force in the world and we can't even beat a bunch of low tech guerilla fighters.  As I always blather, "guerillas always win."  And as long as the current batch of politicos are in charge, no progress will come of it. 

It's going to come down to another attack, martial law will ensue, then the real plans will become evident.  Unfortunately, innocents will be lost yet again to further yet another agenda like the Patriot Act.

I don't mean this as disrespect to any of the people lost that day or their loved ones, for they have been used as tools to launch a plan.  It makes me quite sad.  As in Pearl Harbor, radar operators saw them coming, their orders were to do nothing.  The nukes recently flying across the country "unnoticed" is quite disturbing.  Never happened in the US before, protocols on nukes are airtight...and this one "slipped" by.  Hmm, I smell BS.

I'll reiterate, I mean no disrespect to anyone lost or their loved ones.   But I do strongly believe that an event like this does not happen through a black comedy of errors that were allowed to occur.  Looking at all the liberties that were ransacked, no bid contracts granted, and the agenda that immediately ensued has me seriously doubting that our government's hands are clean in this thing.

http://www.t-shirthumor.com/Merchant2/products/papr.html?Category_Code=poli
http://www.t-shirthumor.com/Merchant2/products/camr.html?Category_Code=poli
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 01:58:04 AM »
Can we please not turn this into a Bush/Cheney/Hillary/Obama/Democrat/Republican/Iraq/Afghanistan/Homeland Security/Patriot Act thread?

Well, that went over like a lead balloon.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 04:47:07 AM »
If there was actual comittment, we'd be done over there by now. This has outlasted WWII.
The fast food generation speaks (or, writes).

This has been going on since the seventh century.  It will last past Christmas, sho 'nuff.

We are also crippled by the fifth columnists here in the West.  Fighting with one hand behind our backs and a knife in the very same back.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Paddy

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 05:57:45 AM »
I remember the morning like it was yesterday.  I was living in Santa Barbara then. Got up about 6:00, turned on the tv for the news while I drank coffee.  What I saw and heard didn't really register.  I couldn't wrap my mind around it.  After the second tower came down, the fear increased that 50,000+ lives could be lost, which added to the surrealism.  We didn't know then that the courageous firefighters and police of NYC had already evacuated some 37,000 people.

A blind man who worked in the North Tower spoke at our church awhile back, and told the story of his escape  down 78 floors that morning:

Blind man inspires with 9/11 tale
Web-posted Mar 18, 2004
By DAVE GROVES
Of The Daily Oakland Press

Michael Hingson of Novato, Calif., addresses the crowd as his guide dog, Roselle, relaxes at the Highland Lakes Campus of Oakland Community College in Waterford Township. Hingson, who is blind, survived the 9/11 attacks with the aid of Roselle. -The Daily Oakland Press / JOSE JUAREZ

At 8:45 a.m. Sept. 11, 2001, Michael Hingson was on the 78th floor of Tower One in the World Trade Center.

When a hijacked jetliner crashed into the building, he and a colleague named David heard a muffled thud and a subsequent explosion. They felt the tower begin to lean and David described the smoke, rubble and burning debris he saw falling outside.

In the moments that followed, Hingson realized he would have to rely on David, his seeing-eye dog, Roselle, and his own composure to descend 1,463 steps to escape the building.

Early on in what would become an hourlong effort to find daylight, Hingson and his companions allowed people assisting burn victims to pass them in the stairwell.

The group eventually approached the lower floors and made room for firefighters in full gear to pass.

"So we continued going down the stairs while they continued going up them - each one, nearly to the person, stopping to check if we were OK and to get a kiss from Roselle," Hingson told a gathering at the Highland Lakes Campus of Oakland Community College on Wednesday.

"That was the last unconditional love those people ever got."

Among the few dozen people in the audience, many wiped tears from their eyes.

The emotion-filled silence was among several Hingson delivered during a recounting of his surviving the eventful day.

Blind since birth, Hingson now tours the country sharing his story and how the experience reinforced his long-held beliefs in the value of trust, teamwork and open-mindedness toward change.

Offering thoughts some audience members described as inspirational, Hingson said the devastation and horror he witnessed did not strip him of his faith in humanity.

"I believe anyone who can do something like this is no longer a human being," he said. "I believe there is enough of us in the world (who deplore it) and, sooner or later, we're going to say enough is enough."

Hingson's message resonated with Brighton resident Kathy Kedzierski.

"His entire outlook on life - his calmness and his perspective on dealing with change - it seemed to be a big part of the reason he survived that day."

Highland Lakes Campus President Gordon May said the story offers all who hear it a new outlook on the aftermath of the attacks.

"I think the message you've had for us is an inspiring message," May said. "I think it's a healing message."
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/031804/loc_20040318072.shtml

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 06:13:12 AM »

And everyone keeps arguing there is no "bigger plan" or "conspiracy"  "conspiracy" "conspiracy" "conspiracy" "conspiracy" "conspiracy" going on 

It's going to come down to another attack, martial law will ensue, then the real plans will become evident.  Unfortunately, innocents will be lost yet again to further yet another agenda like the Patriot Act.

As in Pearl Harbor, radar operators saw them coming, their orders were to do nothing.  The nukes recently flying across the country "unnoticed" is quite disturbing.  Never happened in the US before, protocols on nukes are airtight...and this one "slipped" by.  Hmm, I smell BS.

But I do strongly believe that an event like this does not happen through a black comedy of errors that were allowed to occur.  Looking at all the liberties that were ransacked, no bid contracts granted, and the agenda that immediately ensued has me seriously doubting that our government's hands are clean in this thing.

http://www.t-shirthumor.com/Merchant2/products/papr.html?Category_Code=poli
http://www.t-shirthumor.com/Merchant2/products/camr.html?Category_Code=poli

I respectfully and POLITELY disagree with you.

(This is a much better way of POLITELY saying what you meant to say.  The key word here is POLITE.)

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 10:16:10 AM »
If there was actual comittment, we'd be done over there by now. This has outlasted WWII.
The fast food generation speaks (or, writes).

This has been going on since the seventh century.  It will last past Christmas, sho 'nuff.

We are also crippled by the fifth columnists here in the West.  Fighting with one hand behind our backs and a knife in the very same back.

You're right, it's been going on since the seventh century.  I don't think we'll be able to fix it.  No fault of our Military, I know you guys are doing your best.  But you can't fix something like this.  They have to want to fix themselves, and that ain't happening.