Author Topic: N.Y. Drops Citizenship Proof For Driver's Licenses  (Read 7221 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: N.Y. Drops Citizenship Proof For Driver's Licenses
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 10:48:48 PM »
you have to know someone is committing a crime. sadly for your "cause" darker skin isn't probable cause  nor is an accent.  but maybe you can work out something   gold star maybe?

RACE CARD PLAYED.

Please cite anywhere I cited race?  rolleyes

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 07:04:17 PM »
I knew that's where c-y was heading. So sad.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 07:33:54 PM »
Let's play the American Race card.  That is anyone that comes to America legally, desires and tries to learn the American language and American ways.

It does not matter what country they came from, nor if they speak a different language or dress differently as long as they TRY to asimilate into the American culture.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 03:29:35 AM »
you fellers must have a different experience than i do. i don't see the new wave of immigrants as being diferent from the ones i've seen in china town lil italy or any of the smaller ethnic enclaves around the country.  i've known folks came off the boat that never asimilated  often it was only the kids who realy did.  i think the biggest difference is the sheer weight of numbers the latinos represent scares folks.  makes their impact greater

slzy

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 05:36:02 PM »
i have never known any drunk illegal chinese running anybody over and killing them in the numbers the latino illegals are.
piling up at the emergency rooms sending their kids to school like we owe it too them. their arrogance when they found out the police won't touch them. the catholic church,the labor unions,and the leftists embracing them. the politicians ruling by decree rather than law. these are some of my experiences.

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 06:37:47 PM »
now theres someone who understands "le cause"

how many million chinese are here?  be greatful the chinese can't swim or you'd really be crying  no  not crying  more likely speaking cantonese

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 07:40:58 PM »
cassy'sdaddy, are you sympathetic to illegal aliens just because you have a similar difficulty with the English language? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Paddy

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 07:58:31 PM »
cassy'sdaddy, are you sympathetic to illegal aliens just because you have a similar difficulty with the English language? 

Cold shot, Mr. Maintenance Man.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 08:18:58 PM »
Ok, the big ole super lefty liberal is agreeing enabling illegal immigration is bad.
In fact, most lefties should be against it, as it's horrible for organized labor, among many other things that most righties already know.

NYC is so far left, they make San Francisco look like Dallas.  Further proof that New York is so far to the left that it's about to fall off.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 08:21:59 PM »
lol   sad truth is i was an english major  honors classes at that

Paddy

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2007, 08:24:35 PM »
I'm in California (the world's 7th largest economy) and don't know anybody who gives a sh*t about New York.  Do they grow lettuce or veggies there?  Any vineyards producing world class wine?

I thought not.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2007, 08:27:54 PM »
I'm in San Diego, and I don't know anyone who gives a *expletive deleted*it about New York either.  Or San Francisco for that matter.

Paddy

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 08:30:10 PM »
San Diego rocks.  San Francisco is where you put the hose when you give the world an enema.  laugh

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2007, 08:32:20 PM »
Really?  I thought that was Carson.

Paddy

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2007, 09:04:50 PM »
Really?  I thought that was Carson.

Carson sucks, too.  As does Fontana.  And Riverside and San Berdoo.  Santa Maria sucks. The entire LA area is a cesspool.  You're in a great area, as am I.   grin

Glock Glockler

• friend
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 05:10:15 AM »
you have to know someone is committing a crime

Spitzer said outright that the puspose of the change is to make it so that illegals can get licenses.

"We're changing our policy with respect to getting more people out of shadows and into the system so people don't hide they're here," Spitzer said

A very simple law would fix all this nonsense: the Feds can very easily set up a service where employers can call in and verify the SSN of a perspective employee, after all, we wouldn't want Social Security fraud going on.  Require that anyone hired in thye last year would have to be verified within the next 6 months, everyone hired in the last 2 years would have to be verified within the next year, etc.  The people with BS numbers will not be able to cheat the system any longer and will then return to their country of origin. 

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 05:23:01 AM »
you have to know someone is committing a crime

Spitzer said outright that the puspose of the change is to make it so that illegals can get licenses.

"We're changing our policy with respect to getting more people out of shadows and into the system so people don't hide they're here," Spitzer said

A very simple law would fix all this nonsense: the Feds can very easily set up a service where employers can call in and verify the SSN of a perspective employee, after all, we wouldn't want Social Security fraud going on.  Require that anyone hired in thye last year would have to be verified within the next 6 months, everyone hired in the last 2 years would have to be verified within the next year, etc.  The people with BS numbers will not be able to cheat the system any longer and will then return to their country of origin. 

gee great idea!  wonder why no one thought of that!
oh wait  we already have a way to call in numbers?  but its doesn't seem to work as some would imagine?wow  simple plans sometimes turn out like that

funny how some folks wanna invite more government in thier life when it serves "le cause"

Glock Glockler

• friend
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 05:32:08 AM »
First off, govt is ALREADY involved in employment, might as well at least make sure fraud isn't involved that costs taxpayers billions.

Next, that service exists right now but employers are not required to verify SSN authenticity, big difference.

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2007, 06:07:54 AM »
how do you imagine calling it in will verify it?in any meaningful way?

Glock Glockler

• friend
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2007, 06:14:04 AM »
The employer can call and log in using their code, then imput the full name, date of birth, and SSN.  If they don't match then it's a bogus number and they essentially have knowledge that fraud is essentially bieng commited, if they chose to keep the worker at that point the culpability is on their hands. 

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 06:28:50 AM »
so hows does that help? i get the name and birthday that goes with the number and use em all.  how does the system help then?  its simple

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 06:54:51 AM »
That's why the employer has to be given a valid gov-issued photo-ID and why giving licenses to illegals is such a horrendously irresponsible move.

You match the photo to the name and then the name to the database. Besides, there is no reason why the database cannot have your pic. That way, fake IDs will do you no good because you cannot falsify the gov record that is available on tap. All of this is technically just as easy as checking credit score for loans and renting, or just even using a credit card. That's why I suspect its "technical" opponents of  purposeful obtuseness and bad faith.

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 07:16:29 AM »

funny how some folks wanna invite more government in thier life when it serves "le cause"
now theres someone who understands "le cause"
[/quote]

I knew someone who once spent some time in the US (California)as a  totally illegal
immegrant for quite some time before 2001 in the nineties.
Cash on the hand for different jobs : Furniture mover, bus boy, receptionnist,
limo driver. He was catholic, had a thick foreign accent but good manners and was very well received by everybody, he passed the test for a driving licence opened a bank account and was never ever even once asked for a visa or a social sec. N°.
Never. He paied some parking tickets and was pulled over for speeding or an unsave turn - paied the fine: have a good day, sir. It was the best time of his life, he then went back home to finish his studies. Before that he met his wive in LA who worked back then for one of the CEOs of Fox TV. Last thing I heard about him he's got a couple of kids works a boring job is getting bald, fat and drives a rust bucket volvo
and took up target shooting. He also hangs out on the Internet, a lot.

Oh, it's "la cause".

Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2007, 07:17:53 AM »
i did I-9 verifications for years and there is apparently no problem with getting what appear to be gov issue id.it might help to have it all in one place though, some smaller firms are gonna struggle with it but perhaps it would spawn a new service industry

slzy

• friend
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2007, 01:04:41 PM »
cassandra,what is your motive for promoting illegal aliens? the catholics want to pass the collection plate to pay legal fees,the unions want their dues,and leftists want their vote. where do you come in?