Author Topic: Who really doesnt watch TV?  (Read 9696 times)

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
Who really doesnt watch TV?
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2005, 05:51:42 AM »
Almost none at all.

I try to regularly watch the Simpsons and football, but that's about it.  Altough I did get a free Tivo and free service, so I record Mythbusters and even watch in now and then.

-James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

outfieldjack

• http://www.porterpress.com
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2005, 06:02:31 AM »
I now have a TV in my truck.  An in-dash.....  I get ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, ETV, and UPN.  I really have it so I can watch/listen to Football and NASCAR.  I did, however, hook up a DVD player and my PS2 in case the wife wants to watch a movie or something on a long trip.
-Jack

Dave Markowitz

• friend
    • http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2005, 06:10:40 AM »
Not much more than Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica.  A little bit of Foxnews.  Other than that it's just Elmo and Barney tapes (BARF).

I rot my brain on the Intarweb instead!  Cheesy

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2005, 06:40:03 AM »
We watch -

CSI - All 3
Law and Order SVU
Mythbusters

There are other things my wife likes, but I couldnt tell you the name of them.  I usually read when shes watching those.

Pebcac

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2005, 06:49:53 AM »
Hello.  My name is Pebcac, and I watch too much TV.

CSI, Law & Order, Lost, Scrubs, and probably the new L&O: Trial by Jury.  I'll watch AFV and The Simpsons if I catch them, but I don't bother to record them on the DVR.  That's it for the broadcast networks.  I also like the History channel and so forth, and I'm really digging the HBO series The Wire--but I'm watching that on DVD.  I'm not about to pay for HBO every month.

I read a ton, too.  If I had to pick--TV or books--the tube would go bye-bye.
Problem exists between computer and chair.

Nightfall_MVII

• http://www.mofba.org
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2005, 08:19:44 AM »
I really do not watch tv.  I do watch a little but, it consists of The History Channel, Weather Channel, and Discovery Channel.

All I watch (if I remember that it is on) is Modern Marvels, Mail Call, and Mythbusters.  Thats it.  I may actually watch one of these a week.
Kyle

I know for a fact that hell is a one lane highway with no speed limit...and you're always stuck behind some soccer mom in a minivan doing 35mph.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2005, 09:45:06 AM »
I last paid for TV in late 2001/early 2002.  I was geting my MBA at the time & could not justify a cable bill.

We have rabbit ears and get one channel clearly, another sorta clearly, and the rest are snow.

My wife watches a little and the only thing I watch is "Extreme Home Makeovers" with my wife.  It is "This Old House" with an emotional hook.

I thought about re-hooking up the TV cable, but they want $40/mo for basic cable.  No way, hoser.

We do have broadband cable for the home network.  I can get my C-SPAN fix through that.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

client32

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »
I watch Alias and NCIS if I am around when they are on.

No, but wish I could watch King of the Hill.

Move here, you would be very close to living King of the Hill.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2005, 10:43:51 AM »
I used to have a television, but gave it away a year and a half ago after it had taken up space for no good reason for several years. I haven't missed it for even a quarter of a seventeenth of a nanosecond.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2005, 10:55:56 AM »
I watch TV.  I try to catch the local news at least once a day.  I probably watch CNN Headline News (or at least listen to it in the background) 10-20 minutes a day.  I like the SPEED channel and OUTDOOR channel (fortunately they are situated right next to each other).  I'll watch Aquateens and Family Guy if they're on when I'm hanging out close to my TV.  

If I lived out in the country where I could just step out the back door and shoot something, I imagine I would watch TV a whole lot less.
For entertainment purposes only.

Myself

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2005, 11:04:16 AM »
Football season not withstanding I watch about 3 hours a week.  If it wasn't for the History Channel I would never turn it on.

Typhoon

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2005, 11:14:25 AM »
The ballgame du jour if I am padding around the house doing chores.  Sometimes Fox news.  I have followed the Shield and Reno 911 (hilarious), but I do not get upset if I miss an episode.  Daytime TV if I am home sick and want to see people more miserable than me!

I live at the bottom of a big hill, so when I moved in I had to get cable just to see much of anything.  I justified it to myself that, at the very least, if I had to witness the end of the world, I could see it on C-SPAN and not the networks (and their silly commentary)&

Now isnt that a happy thought to end your Friday!!!  Just your little ray of sunshine.  Oh, wait, it is raining in Los Angeles again& :evil:
To the stars!

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2005, 11:42:31 AM »
Don't watch too much, but I never miss:

Lost
CSI LV

All in HD.

But I don't let the TV rule my schedule, as I have a DVR to record everything and then watch at my leisure sans commercials.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

Jake

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2005, 01:14:17 PM »
I hardly ever watch it. I hear it all the time though. Not actual TV programs but movies. My kids have a large collection of DVD's that they watch all the time. The worst part is that they will fixate on 1 or 2 and watch them over and over for 2 or 3 weeks. This week it's Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland. Gets to be somewhat mindnumbing at times.

Schuey2002

• friend
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2005, 01:33:17 PM »
^^

Hahahaha.

My niece and nephew are the same way. My sister will buy a DVD at Wally World and her kids will watch that thing over and over and over for days on end. I'll bet you anything that if I dropped everything and swung by her house right now, Finding Nemo would wrapping up, only to be started up again a minute later. Wink

gbelleh

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2005, 05:27:33 PM »
I watch too much TV (thanks to TiVo).

Mainly History Channel, Science Channel, South Park, Conan O'Brien, Myth Busters, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, What's New Scooby Doo, etc.

Sometimes I end up watching interesting shows that TiVo records on its own that I never would have watched otherwise.  I'm trying to cut back!
gbelleh

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2005, 06:48:49 PM »
Who really doesn't watch TV?

I really don't watch TV.    Most of it is either stupid, or vile, and a horrible waste of my precious time.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Wedge

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2005, 03:15:41 AM »
I watch a lot of TV.  Way too much...like 3 or 4 hours a day.  The days are getting longer and hopefully the weather will get warmer and I will quit sitting inside all the time in the evening after work.

Football season I sit in front of the TV for like 8 hours straight only to get up to get food or hit the john.

Darkmind

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2005, 11:59:05 PM »
I HATE cable tv,  if it's something I really need to see i'll go pick it up on dvd.  Other than useing the dvd player the tv is never on.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

SEMPER FI

QuickDraw

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2005, 08:56:35 AM »
I have Directv.I watch more than I should!
I've been thinking about canceling.
I went about 2 years without TV,
read alot more books.
For what I pay for the service,I shouldn't have any commercials!!

QuickDraw
"Stay the course"

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2005, 09:24:30 AM »
I occasionally watch some TV, when I go to my mom's and they're watching something...walking by the TV doesn't count does it?
At my dad's we watch TV, mostly movies.
But I'd rather pour over sites like WorldGuns.ru, and THR.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

P5 Guy

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2005, 03:17:46 PM »
I wish Show Time would have a third season of Dead Like Me

brimic

• friends
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2005, 03:35:45 PM »
I don't watch too much TV and I don't even have cable or sattellite. If Ihave an hour to kill, I'll go play video games online, or go in the basement and load up some ammunition.  The only two shows that I'll drop everything to watch is the Simpsons and the Red Green Show.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

theCZ

• friend
    • http://www.hunewill.com
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2005, 04:35:55 PM »
Once in a while I'll watch tv, see something I like, and then forget about it.  Later I'll just buy the whole season on DVD to enjoy without commercials.  So far this has happened with:
Reno 911
The Ali G Show
The Office (I watched the US version once and bought the UK season 1 on good reviews)
Trigun
Helsing

It saves me a lot of time.  Oh, I do watch 5 minutes of news before I go to work in the mornings.

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2005, 05:28:43 PM »
I haven't watched actual TV since Oct. of last year. I do own a TV and rent movies. I do miss The History Channel and some others.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.