Author Topic: Who really doesnt watch TV?  (Read 9695 times)

Who really doesnt watch TV?
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2005, 03:00:08 PM »
Even more scary, Grampster, I actually knew one of the people being interviewed on the fastener show.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2005, 03:09:57 PM »
I hope the mechanic did not   hook   you.  Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2005, 03:18:26 PM »
LOL. Is that the guy that looks like he fell on a tackle box?

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2005, 04:02:38 PM »
Hardly ever.  Occasional movie or history channel special.  I do watch a higher volume of the ol' tube come winter and football though.

TV kills braincells faster than any substance know to man.  Reality tv?? Utter *expletive deleted*it.  I wanna kill braincells, i spend some quality time with my good friend Mr. Daniels

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2005, 04:49:07 PM »
My College, as does most Colleges, have TVs in the Cafeteria. We have this Piped in something or another.

Talk about killing brain cells!!

All I want to do is get something to eat, visit. study with classmates, or use the computers in there. I can eat and drink while reading online texts in there, I cannot in the IT lab.

At my former college we had this as well. They also had - get this - some rooms down a hallway so instructors and students could watch Soap Operas.  Seriously, different rooms tuned to different ones. Folks actually arranged schedules around Soap Operas. Oh...they also had recorded various Reality shows in case you missed one.

I once "was" considering a particular instructor for a class. I was going to meet them and visit in regard to the following semester. When I found out they were in one of these rooms watching a soap...hence the reason they 'forgot' our scheduled meeting...

I chose another instructor and it worked out better - oh so much better.  Been nice to have had day classes as originally thought...night ones worked out to be serious instructors, and students, who understood the value of an education.

Smartest thing was changing Colleges.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2005, 05:17:43 PM »
My life is too precious to waste on TV.

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2005, 05:16:04 AM »
Football.  Car racing.  News programs.  Outside of that, I don't bother with it.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

w turner

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2005, 08:32:45 AM »
Haven't had cable for just over three years now.  We bought a house and couldn't afford cable, now we could afford it if we wanted but we have turned into such cheapskates that I can't see paying $40 a month for something I've lived this long without.  

Besides, using rabbit ears, I can get all the major networks plus PBS.  PBS is great, kinda like a poor man's Discovery/Animal Planet/History Channel.  I miss some of the more educational channels, miss CMT something fierce as it is great to have it playing in the background when helping out with the inside housework.  Most of the series I can't see I can get on DVD and we are seriously considering NetFlix so I can watch old seasons of The Shield and Deadwood.  

We watch quite a bit of TV, but I am usually reading a book and hitting the MUTE button when commericals come on.  Really helps with my ADD.....lol.  

We like most of the newer series........all three CSI-although New York is taking some getting used to and David Caruso is REALLy starting to get on my nerves, House is great just to see what he will do/say next, Lost is tied with Alias as my wife's favorite show, ER is a good fill in while folding laundry.  Fall weekends are college football time.  I actually sit down to watch while Alabama is playing, everybody else is background noise as are pro games on sunday.  

W

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2005, 02:02:19 PM »
I really don't watch TV.  Very darn little of it.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2005, 10:15:24 AM »
Mrs. Stick and I will watch PBS a bit on Saturday. Rick Steves' travel shows are good, as are the Britcoms and Mystery! and she likes the cooking shows. One of my favorites though, is History Detectives. We all like This Old House. As for the rest of the network stuff, it can all go take a flying leap.

News makes Mrs. Stick look like Eddie from the Iron Maiden album covers, and she starts cussing at the set; scares Hell out of Stick Jr.

I do reccommend Netflix if you watch movies at all, or want to get some of the series.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

Strings

« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2005, 01:58:53 PM »
>News makes Mrs. Stick look like Eddie from the Iron Maiden album covers, and she starts cussing at the set<

WHY am I suddenly thinking of Bill Cosby's description of his wife having a coniption fit? Wink

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2005, 01:53:14 PM »
On the nose, bra'!

We just read that review of B. Boxer's new novel (no stereotyping there, eh, Ms. Lefty?); she's desperately trying to prevent herself from putting a butcher knife through the monitor. shocked
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

Strings

« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2005, 06:22:26 PM »
Don't you just KNOW there's a member of Boxer's extended family that has views similar to ours, that REALLY wishes they could disavow the relationship?

Tell the Missus I said hi! She sounds a LOT like Spoon (who doesn't read much of the legal stuff here, because we can't afford a new moniter every week or so)...