Author Topic: LEO kills five in WI  (Read 3335 times)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Re: LEO kills five in WI
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 09:36:48 AM »
It turns out the trigger for the rampage was rejection by an ex gf who was at the party.  Oh, and after that they gathered around and ridiculed the guy.  After the shooting he went to a friends house and gave a phonecall confession to the sherriff. 
"CRANDON, Wis. (Oct. Cool - A young sheriff's deputy who opened fire on a pizza party and killed six people reportedly flew into a rage when he was rebuffed by his old girlfriend, and others at the gathering called him a "worthless pig." "

They forgot the "...a polite society." part, and why it is so.   undecided

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Len Budney

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 09:51:42 AM »
It turns out the trigger for the rampage was rejection by an ex gf who was at the party.  Oh, and after that they gathered around and ridiculed the guy.  After the shooting he went to a friends house and gave a phonecall confession to the sherriff. 
"CRANDON, Wis. (Oct. Cool - A young sheriff's deputy who opened fire on a pizza party and killed six people reportedly flew into a rage when he was rebuffed by his old girlfriend, and others at the gathering called him a "worthless pig." "

They forgot the "...a polite society." part, and why it is so.   undecided

On the other hand, it's a good illustration why you shouldn't be going to parties where your ex-girlfriend and all her friends are, and none of yours are. I've been in this guy's shoes.

Oh, except for the part about being an off-duty cop, being armed, or blowing away a bunch of people. I didn't do any of those things.  But the rest... yeah, been there.  cool

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »
Dang it, bedlamite, that bug had me freaked out!
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Archie

• friend
  • Galactic Effectuator
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 11:27:20 AM »
Yeah.  Sad situation for all.  I feel very badly for the deputy's parents.

"Our kid never learned to handle life."  (For whatever reason.)

Too young to be a cop.  No kidding.  When I'm Grand High Mucky, no cops under 30 and without at least two years at a real job and not living with parents.  But I digress.

I've been dumped.  Several times.  It has always made me hurt and depressed.  I've never shot anyone over it.  I've found the best revenge is to find a new girlfriend who is better looking and has a bigger set.  (At least for a while.)

Oh, and the sad situation for all remains.  Anyone want to start a pool on how much the Sheriff's Department is going to pay out in the wrongful death/negligence suit to follow?  Okay, that was tacky.  I'm sorry.
As long as the citizens of the United States own and keep personal weapons, we can argue about all the other issues that concern us.  The instant we lose the ability to keep weapons, our masters will decide all those other issues for us.

Len Budney

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 11:29:12 AM »
Crudity deleted.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 03:26:35 PM »
Umm, yeah.

Just what the female members of APS want to read.

Keep it up, guys.   undecided
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 04:15:17 PM »
Umm, yeah.

Just what the female members of APS want to read.

Keep it up, guys.   undecided
I ALWAYS miss the posts that get edited out.
So I never have any idea what to be pissed off about.
=\
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

atomd

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 04:30:46 PM »
I was watched the news on 2 different networks report that he had used a "police style rifle". If it was a civilian that did that with the same AR, I'm sure they would have found some more terrifying term to describe it with. Where is the Brady gang now? I don't see them on TV protesting the use of ARs in police departments.....hmmmmm.....

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 12:45:54 AM »
Same here, but I think it's probably for the best.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 09:42:20 AM »
=\

Just adopt a bad attitude and be PO'd 24/7/52. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 10:35:06 AM »
It's now coming out that it looks as though he received at least one wound from his fellow LEO's in the arm, then comitted suicide.

By shooting himself three times in the head with his .40 caliber sidearm.

Looks to be two tries under the chin, probably too far forward, destroying his eyes and sinuses, then one to the side of the head. Not aiming far back enough to hit the cerebellum/brainstem, or at least cause significant cranial disruption is pretty common with the "under the chin" method.

Amazing what shock and adrenaline can do& He was probably quite the horror show by the third shot.

It's for the best for lots of reasons. Spares everyoen a trial, and perhaps allows more time to focus on just WTH is going on in that counties LEA's& Not so much the hiring of that kid, but the other discrepancies in the response and timline of events.
I promise not to duck.