Author Topic: Man Hacks 911 System, Sends SWAT on Bogus Raid  (Read 6845 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Re: Man Hacks 911 System, Sends SWAT on Bogus Raid
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2007, 06:31:50 AM »
I personally don't have too much of a problem hacking for informational purposes, IE how stuff works.  I DO have a problem with using that knowledge to screw other people over.
If one enters another's computer without permission and takes something (information) they are doing the same thing as a burglar who enters another's home and takes their material posessions.

The only difference is that the hacker doesn't get shot. AND, that's too bad because their potential for doing damage to persons is far, far greater than that of a burglar taking just material items.

Hackers, crackers - I don't care what you call them - are THIEVES! They deserve the same punishments as all thieves.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2007, 09:41:07 AM »
I personally don't have too much of a problem hacking for informational purposes, IE how stuff works.

So if I can get into your house without you knowing and poke around in your stuff (for "information purposes only" mind you), you'd be okay with that?

I second Werewolf.  If you break into someone's computer you are a common thief and should be treated like one.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2007, 02:16:56 PM »
I think he is talking about hacking secure programs on his own computer, but I could be wrong.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »
I think he is talking about hacking secure programs on his own computer, but I could be wrong.

That was my assumption as well.  I've done a fair amount of that myself.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2007, 06:29:05 PM »
It's not an offense until there's been a conviction.

Wrong. It is an offense even if nobody has been arrested. Until he is convicted, it is an offense of which he is the "alleged perpetrator," but there should be no doubt that an offense was committed.

If you question that, perhaps we should deploy the local SWAT team to your place of residence at oh dark thirty and see if you then feel that no offense has been committed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2007, 02:49:51 PM »

Pretty much.

Hacking to steal information or do damage does richly deserve an ass kicking.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour