Author Topic: Rules for Dating My Daughter  (Read 5452 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Rules for Dating My Daughter
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 08:15:35 PM »
Truth is neutral. Its source is irrelevant. 

It still scares me.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 08:47:13 PM »
I've been reminding one that the lady's granddaddy owns a backhoe, and that we ain't afraid of a little midnight digging. I don't think it's sinking in. May have to do a nocturnal run to the border (go for a drive, shove the kid out of the car about 10-15 miles from home).

Blog under construction

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 03:21:00 AM »
Truth is neutral. Its source is irrelevant. 

It still scares me.   smiley

Dobson is 71.  Maybe CAnnoneer is being groomed to take over Focus on the Family.

I was somewhat afraid of my girlfriend's dad.  He was a big guy and his nose was crooked from getting it broken in a fight.  He looked like a boxer from the 1940's.  That being said, respect for my girlfriend is what made me behave, not fear. 

As a father, I still get a chuckle out of these lists. 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 03:57:46 AM »
AMBULANCE DRIVER!!!!! police police police police angry angry angry angry angry
flick my wrist to snap it closed.
DON'T EVER DO THAT TO A REVOLVER...oops cap lock sorry...
Thats called bogarting, and only done in the movies on guns that are not owned
by people who care about the well being of their revolvers.
That move will damage your revolver!
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=187402&highlight=hollywood
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 04:59:01 AM »
Hockey games are ok

Sweet.  And whoever wrote this list, obviously doesn't know what you can get away with at a hockey game Smiley

Glad I don't have to deal with this, as college girls (usually) don't have daddy around anymore.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

w turner

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 05:47:42 AM »
As a teenager, this kind of behavior from a father cracked me up. I was 6'8"/270 at 14 years old.  Any kind of intimidation or scare tactic usually resulted in me getting as close to her father as reasonably possible during the conversation. 

Doing this resulted in two things. 

1- It made the dad a little uncomfortable when he realized I wasn't afraid to get within his arm's reach

2- Simple geometry.  The closer I am, the more upward he has to look in order to look me in the eye.

Sometimes being my size comes in handy.  As I am sure it will when my daughter starts dating as I plan to use the same tactics to make an impression on her dates. 

W

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007, 07:30:37 AM »
Quote from: CAnnoneer
Blah, blah, me so scary.   Once the girl is out the door, your control of the situation is gone.

I knew a guy who tried that tactic on a dad once.  He showed up one morning walking with a pronounced limp.  Stayed that way for a while, too.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 07:47:08 AM »
AMBULANCE DRIVER!!!!! police police police police angry angry angry angry angry
flick my wrist to snap it closed.
DON'T EVER DO THAT TO A REVOLVER...oops cap lock sorry...
Thats called bogarting, and only done in the movies on guns that are not owned
by people who care about the well being of their revolvers.
That move will damage your revolver!
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=187402&highlight=hollywood

Well yes...  I know that *NOW*....   But back then I didn't know much about revolvers...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 08:32:10 AM »
Who needs a taser?
I'm thinking Krav Maga or MCMEF

Yeah, nothing like a palm smash to the nose to get rid of an unwanted sexual advance.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007, 12:09:31 PM »
Years ago I was dating a girl, and her dad wasn't really all that happy that "his little girl" was dating.  Well, one evening I went over there for dinner for them to get to know me a little better.  And by gum, he was gonna make sure that I was properly "intimidated".  So when I came over for dinner, he greeted me at the door with a revolver on his hip.  Just after I said "hi" I went into that mental conversation with myself.  "Do I play nice, or do I let him know that I ain't gonna intimidate?"

I decided I wasn't gonna intimidate.

I point at the revolver and ask, "Thirty-eight?"  He says, "Yes."

"May I see it?"  And he doesn't really know what to say...  So he unholsters it and goes to hand it to me.  Unfortunately, he's got the muzzle pointed right at my gut while handing it over.  I gently push his hand sideways as I grab the muzzle end of the revolver, and again have that little mental argument.  And again, nice loses....

I've got the gun's barrel in my hand, and do a little cowboy flip to end up with the butt of the gun in my hand, held normally.  Hit the cylinder release, flick the cylinder open, look at the empty cylinder, flick my wrist to snap it closed.  Do the little cowboy flip again to hand it to him butt first, holding it by the barrel again.  "Nice," I say.  He doesn't put it back on his hip, just takes the holster off his belt (clip-on holster), puts the gun back in it and starts walking back into the house without saying a word...

Talking the next day about it with my then girlfriend, she said that he'd been totally excited the day before about intimidating me with that little revolver.  She tried to tell him that I was a gun nut, and that I wouldn't be intimidated.  Apparently I completely burst his bubble......

I'm surprised he didn't shoot you for flicking it closed like that. Cheesy
(bent crane, anyone?)
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 03:20:42 PM »
When I dropped the lady off, I gave him back the firing pin he didn't notice go missing when he left the room for a minute.

I'd be careful with this...  I, at least, have a spare firing pin.

Actually, for my AR I have two complete uppers.  Each with it's own bolt.   laugh

I discreetly and very indirectly asked.  If he was tracking fully, he would have known.  He admitted so afterwards.  He thought it was kinda amusing and was rather upset when the young lady and I parted ways. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 04:05:35 PM »
APPLICATION TO DATE MY DAUGHTER

*NOTE: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by a certified financial statement, job history, and current medical report from your doctor. Please be prepared to submit additional information, such as psychological profile and polygraph test, as requested.
Name ______________ Date of Birth __________ Social Security #___________
Drivers license # __________ IQ __________ GPA __________
Home Address __________________________________________________
Do you have one male and one female parent? If not, explain:
If 50 words or less, what does "LATE" mean to you?
Answer the following questions under oath:
The one thing I hope this application does not ask about me is:
*Note: If your answer begins with a T or A, discontinue and LEAVE AT ONCE, keeping your head low and running in a serpentine fashion, for your own safety.
CERTIFICATION OF ACCURACY BY APPLICANT:
I swear all information above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, under penalty of death, dismemberment, Chinese water torture, and red hot pokers.
________________________________________ SIGNATURE
(If you have to ask what this mean, you are a MORON, so tear up this application and leave immediately!)
Thank you for your interest. Please allow four to six years for processing. You will be contacted in writing if you are approved. Please do not try to call or write.
If your application is rejected, you will be notified by two gentlemen wearing white ties, and carrying violin cases.
(You might watch your back!)
Brian
<><
:)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2007, 04:07:01 PM »
As has been said, you lose control when they're out the door.

A better response would be raising a daughter with the emotional stability to say no and the skill set to hurt anyone who didn't understand what it means.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 04:39:30 PM »
father in law number 1 hated my van.  perhaps having a bumpersticker that said "don't laugh it might be your daughter" was not wise

Strings

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 10:15:50 PM »
I really never got the intimidation attempt. My first girlfriend's father WAS cleaning his shotgun, but it was near hunting season. And I helped him put it back together... Wink

If I ever have kids (ain't THAT a scary concept?), any girls will be taught how to deal with someone who won't take "no" for an answer. That can include calling her extended family for assistance if necessary...

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2007, 12:19:27 AM »
If I ever have kids (ain't THAT a scary concept?), any girls will be taught how to deal with someone who won't take "no" for an answer. That can include calling her extended family for assistance if necessary...

If I ever breed (one of the signs of End Times no doubt), she'll be trained at calling in close air support.  Besides being able to call 'extended family', of course.

As has been said, you lose control when they're out the door.

A better response would be raising a daughter with the emotional stability to say no and the skill set to hurt anyone who didn't understand what it means.

Very true words.  Then again, you have the folks that Lawdog writes about...

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2007/05/tactical-advice.html
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007, 01:24:28 AM »
oh sweet jeebus thats funny  and i thought father in law one being 240  pounds of cop who worked at dc jail was bad enough

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 04:22:20 AM »
Perhaps, if I had a daughter, I'd feel differently: but this stuff always made me laugh as I thought to myself, "if you only knew that your daughter just got done ATTACKING me whilst mumbling that her parents were lame."  That would be before, of course, she put layers of clothing back on so she didn't look -- again -- like the little tramp she had looked/acted like all evening by wearing what she wanted to wear UNDER the clothes she left the house in.

Seriously, the guy is just a guy.  But the idea that daughters are some little innocents is bunk.  Believing the father has it in for you just makes 2nd base in your driveway more tantalizing, especially if easy access is provided.  Not trying to be an ass, but the happy little nun front is COMPLETELY that.  Sixteen-year-old girls are far more dangerous than sixteen-year-old boys...

And they are just as "hormonal."
Zeke

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 11:53:31 AM »
My girl is four weeks old and I'm already dreading her growing up. I hope to raise her with enough sense to kick you in the junk if she sees you flick one of my revolvers closed.  grin

I'll be nice to the fellow once he gets to the house. Course once he hits the property line he has 1/2 mile of driveway and a 300ft hill to go. My long range rifle shooting area is planned to overfly said driveway. I love ringing steel with a rifle.  grin Just a little target practice with a nice tan grass colored rifle with him left to look at 50 acres of grass and wonder evert time he drives in.

Seriously though, my town is so small I'll know the whole date before they get home. I knew someone robbed the bank three miles away while it was happening. Sheriff looked at the surveillance vid and pretty much called the dumbass robber's mother. Small town intel.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Strings

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 11:59:51 AM »
RevDisk, by "extended family", I'm partially refering to the link in my sig line. I'm also refering to my old man... the one that hangs out in a merc bar in Thailand... Wink

It's nice to have friends Cheesy

But, as has been said: if you haven't raised your daughter right, things ARE gonna happen. Yes, the "intimidate the boy" can keep him from trying anything, but NOTHING you do or say to the boy (short of summary castration) is gonna keep him from doing things if "daddy's lil' angel" decides she wants him to...

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 12:54:29 PM »
Thank god I know I'm having a boy.

"The girls make the rules, if the gates of hell don't open, no one gets pregnant."  paraphrased from my junior year Civics teacher, Romano Romani, a man who grew up in Chicago during the Capone era.

I strongly beleive every teenage boy should have to babysit a "why, why, why" toddler for a weekend, talk about effective birth control.  Kept my wife from getting pregnant a solid five years longer than I anticipated.  cheesy No kidding.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2007, 01:08:43 PM »
worry for the boys too  girls today act like i did as a kid  and that is not praise

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2007, 06:33:29 AM »

I had one dad of a lady I was dating tried to do the whole 'scare tactic' on me.  Showed me his shiney new AR15 and everything.  He didn't say anything too obvious, but insinuated he'd use it on me if I stepped out of line. 

When I dropped the lady off, I gave him back the firing pin he didn't notice go missing when he left the room for a minute. 
You owe me a keyboard AND a mouse
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »
Our 16 yo daughter just went next door to see the new baby. She came back with horrific stories of cheese like substances oozing from the corner of it's mouth. I said, "Babies are gross, I stay away from them."  laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2007, 04:59:36 PM »
Our 16 yo daughter just went next door to see the new baby. She came back with horrific stories of cheese like substances oozing from the corner of it's mouth. I said, "Babies are gross, I stay away from them."  laugh

I guess that works for some girls.  By 16, my sister had "sat" for quite a number of babies, so she wasn't going to be grossed out anymore.  To her, babies meant getting paid to watch TV while the baby sleeps and the parents are out with friends. 

Then again, she didn't sleep around, either, so maybe it works.   smiley

My wife spent the past couple of years potty-training two-year-olds for TEN HOURS a day.   shocked  She wants kids more than before. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife